Question time

seany

Right you lot,I'm after more info about the rabbits behaviour I couldnt take the dog with me last week because I was doing a bury right next to the farm yard and there was electric fences heavy cover livestock....and all the rest of it.anyway this bury looked the bees knees theres got to be plenty in here,droppings scratchings the lot so nets up let it settle and pops a ferret in and .......nothing.why is this could they be out feeding or what?

Question two can any body give some tips on what they do about managing there warrens Ive got two farms now And Ive gave them a sweep through and done the better burys two or three times would you give them a rest if so for how long.

Thanks Seany :thumbs:

Right you lot,I'm after more info about the rabbits behaviour I couldnt take the dog with me last week because I was doing a bury right next to the farm yard and there was electric fences heavy cover livestock....and all the rest of it.anyway this bury looked the bees knees theres got to be plenty in here,droppings scratchings the lot so nets up let it settle and pops a ferret in and .......nothing.why is this could they be out feeding or what?

Question two can any body give some tips on what they do about managing there warrens Ive got two farms now And Ive gave them a sweep through and done the better burys two or three times would you give them a rest if so for how long.

Thanks Seany :thumbs:

Lots of droppings around holes usually mean they,re just play holes and the rabbits don,t live in them,I usually just give them a miss,

Try and alternate which warrens you ferret on your outings,do the more awkward ones if you have to and give the main warrens a chance to recover,atb, :thumbs:

The dogs never seemed to bother with the type of holes you just mentioned when they first started marking. We soon learned to start trusting them after a few wasted hours netting up likely looking holes after the dogs passed them by! :doh::D

In my experience the holes that look the most likely to humans are often the least occupied. :yes::thumbs:

The dogs never seemed to bother with the type of holes you just mentioned when they first started marking. We soon learned to start trusting them after a few wasted hours netting up likely looking holes after the dogs passed them by! :doh::D

In my experience the holes that look the most likely to humans are often the least occupied. :yes::thumbs:

This seems to be the case you think great there must be loads in there then the dog just walks on by!because ive started questioning the dogs marking ability :icon_redface:

Then you get the burys that you think nah no chance and hes sticking his head down the whole :blink:

so how far do you reckon rabbits travel from where they live and do they sort of congregate on these "play warrens" :hmm:

This seems to be the case you think great there must be loads in there then the dog just walks on by!because ive started questioning the dogs marking ability :icon_redface:

Then you get the burys that you think nah no chance and hes sticking his head down the whole :blink:

so how far do you reckon rabbits travel from where they live and do they sort of congregate on these "play warrens" :hmm:

I suppose they may be like us,have a shite and a shave,a read of the paper,sex on the odd occasion,a line or two of coke,graffiti on the walls,etc,etc,and if they don,t pass out go back tae there kips, :blink:

:blink:

I suppose they may be like us,have a shite and a shave,a read of the paper,sex on the odd occasion,a line or two of coke,graffiti on the walls,etc,etc,and if they don,t pass out go back tae there kips, :blink:

:thumbs:

Agreed, you'd be amazed how many rabbits bolt from the unlikliest holes

:yes: I've had six rabbits from a scabby little two holer before now... :o

yer better staying away from they scabby two holes,you might catch something, :blink:

:clapper:

You can't catch anything you've already got pal... ;):laugh: