toad.bullx

Guest toad

WELL THATS ME FOLKS ENJOYED THAT ...GOOD THREAD GOOD CHAT ..GOOD COMPANY...NICE CHATTING TO YOU WHIPPET BOY ...AND I STILL THINK IT NEEDS ANOTHER SEASON UNDER ITS BELT... :laugh: : :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: WHAT DO YOU THINK . :hmm::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

right thats it here we go for all of you who was asking about how it is passed on though genes

good breeder will have a basic understanding of the science of genetics. Everything about your prospective puppies-health, soundness, looks, temperament-will be determined by the genes passed on by their parents, and by their parents before them. Therefore, the selection of a mating pair should not be made on the basis of the dog's or bitch's looks (or temperament, or soundness, and so forth) alone, but should be based on an understanding of how the animal's genes contributed to its looks, and of how those genes are passed on and expressed. That is why it is essential to study the pedigrees of your mating pair. The more knowledge you have as you make your selection, the more likely you are to produce a litter with the qualities you desire. :drink:

You must also be well-versed in the genetic problems that affect your breed. Genetic defects can occur in any breed and can affect any system in the body. Some genetic diseases may occur in many breeds, others occur in only one or a few breeds. The following is a brief explanation of how genetic defects may be inherited and expressed.

Diseases that follow a dominant pattern of inheritance need only one abnormal gene. That is, if only one parent is affected, the condition will show up in each successive generation. ;) Some individuals may be only mildly affected with the condition, making it difficult to detect. In such cases, the condition can mistakenly be thought to skip generations.

Diseases that follow a recessive pattern of inheritance occur in homozygous(i think thats how you spell it)individuals, meaning dogs with two abnormal genes. Dogs with one mutant and one normal gene are heterozygous, and they are carriers of the condition. They appear normal but can pass the abnormal gene to their offspring. Recessive mutant genes can be passed through many generations before emerging in the offspring of two dogs that carry the same genetic mutation.

Polygenic disorders result from the action of a number of different genes. The exact number of genes involved and their individual functions are difficult to determine, and the pattern of inheritance tends to vary from family to family. Polygenic inheritance can sometimes mimic either dominant or recesive inheritance, and this feature may lead to conclusions regarding the type of underlying genetic abnormality.

Chromosomal anomalies -- defects in chromosome number and structure-can also cause genetic diseases. Dogs normally have 39 pairs of chromosomes on which genes are located. Major abnormalities in chromosome number and structure can produce serious defects e.g like 3 legged dogs and s**T

Whether you inbreed linebreed, or outcross may have an effect on the incidence of genetic disease in the offspring. Inbreeding is the mating of two individuals that are related through one or more common ancestors. The closest form of inbreeding involves parent-child and brother-sister matings.(witch is pritty sick lol) Linebreeding, a form of inbreeding, usually involves mating more distantly related dogs. The rate of pollygenic and recessively inherited diseases tends to increase with inbreeding, because the chance that the two animals carry the same mutation is greater when the dogs are related. Outcrossing is the mating of two dogs of the same breed that are otherwise virtually unrelated. i have dug this up from ages ago hope some one might find it intreasting

THATS EVERY THING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A RESPONSIBLE BREEDER I THINK JUST ABOUT LOL

:hmm::laugh: I DONT NO ABOUT THAT LOL...

proven at 16mths :laugh::laugh:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personaly ive had dogs that were all the dog they were going to be at 16 moons my mates dog was catching three out of three at sixteen moons at 14 moons he won a sixteen dog stake , simliar aged dogs ,the brother won the next again year same comp ,ive had several dogs males who were doing the biz at sixteen moons old they had been out from 11 moons learning there trade, ive got dogs sitting here who have worked since thye were old enough to learn whats, what, seeing game all the time and getting an education , i still wouldnt breed of him at 16 moons unlesss you not to botherd about seeing the full potentioal of the dog ,give him till next season and work him on all qaurry and then breed in him what is lacking not any grey a good qaulity grey and work her for a bit and seee what she can do , born out of expierence and never in it for a quick buck all the best

Guest furryferter
--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dawn B @ Jan 1 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Might be a nice dog, it might of done a bit of work, but he certainly isnt in working condition in that photo. Have you got any pictures of him working? What type of work does he do? Would like to see him out in the field in fit condition.

i think the dog works as a hoover in a local pork pie factory :laugh::drink:

And i think ur dogs heads too small and the rest of him is built like a hyeena!!! at 16 month the dog hasnt had much time to prove himself,but if he has the correct drive now hes always gunna have the correct drive give the guy a break stop being a bunch of knobs!!!! good luck to you [bANNED TEXT] at the end of the day theres dicks breeding stuff out there when all they have is crap anyhow!!! they just think they have everything when what they really want is a good cull in the kennels!!!! B)

IMHO its not the drive but plenty of dogs have jacked after a few seasons ...breeding a 16month old dog that has clearly done fuk all then then your just another joker that is out to make a fast buck breeding unproven shit :censored::censored: have to agree with mutts nutts dont graft him for another season give him a few seasons & graft him hard & realy test him then if you think the dog is 100% worth breeding of then put him over a good greyhound

whippetboy were did you copy and paste that from ? some shitey show site because you forgot the one and only reason to breed working dogs " the ability to work to a good level over a number of seasons " anything should not matter .

toad you want advice get new friends who tell you to breed at 16 months . keep working the dog before you think about breeding . 3 years is as soon as i would think about it , even then it would depend were the 3 month fell on .

:laugh::laugh: you make me laugh are you genrally a grumpy b*****d or just towards subjects you know bugger all about and you have just proved that in you post

" anything should not matter . :icon_eek::laugh::laugh:

personaly ive had dogs that were all the dog they were going to be at 16 moons my mates dog was catching three out of three at sixteen moons at 14 moons he won a sixteen dog stake , simliar aged dogs ,the brother won the next again year same comp ,ive had several dogs males who were doing the biz at sixteen moons old they had been out from 11 moons learning there trade, ive got dogs sitting here who have worked since thye were old enough to learn whats, what, seeing game all the time and getting an education , i still wouldnt breed of him at 16 moons unlesss you not to botherd about seeing the full potentioal of the dog ,give him till next season and work him on all qaurry and then breed in him what is lacking not any grey a good qaulity grey and work her for a bit and seee what she can do , born out of expierence and never in it for a quick buck all the best

Yes, but WHIN... the whole point is they havent been tested ,,,,a large amount of work over a period of several seasons is the test. Not 6 months work. Christ! By 16 months old the dog has only just stopped GROWING. indeed, the dog in question looks like it has not been properly worked at all and will probably fill out over the next 6 months. :yes: IMHO it is impossible to fully test a lurcher properly from just one seasons work....and that dog has not even had that. theres too many lurchers around at the moment, the rescue centres are awash with them....so why the hell breed more? especially from something that may be a crock of poo poo.... :victory:

IMHO that dog in the piccy has not had any decent work, its body looks to me lkike it has never been truely fit and would take a good few weeks of intense work to get it into working condition. ;)

Whippet, what site was that taken from? I wouldnt mind haveing a read :D Or should i do what you did and pick one off google :whistle: :laugh::laugh::laugh: Darcy thanks for that ;) finally someone talks sence :yes: Snoop you must of had alot of time on your hands, i got bored and f****d off out for a run then went to bed and got up to find out it had hit 10 pages lol :clapper::clapper::clapper:

nice dog leon :yes: and imha i would definitally not have one of toads pups and i think people are correct when they say your just out for a quick bit of cash < not having ago you ask for our opinions and heres mine give it a few seasons at least 3 and see wots hes like ... that grayhound should still be there why the rush :thumbs-up: :victory:;)

Edited by allrounder
nice dog leon :yes: and imha i would definitally not have one of toads pups and i think people are correct when they say your just out for a quick bit of cash < not having ago you ask for our opinions and heres mine give it a few seasons at least 3 and see wots hes like ... that grayhound should still be there why the rush :thumbs-up: :victory:;)

:clapper::clapper::clapper: another lad thats got his head screwd on ;)

Whippet, what site was that taken from? I wouldnt mind haveing a read :D Or should i do what you did and pick one off google :whistle: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think it was this one!!!

http://www.akc.org/breeders/resp_breeding/steps_5.cfm

damm right it was read it you might pick up one or to things unlike muts nuts who just argues for the sake! off it.MY point is this if you have a dog that has had cancer since it was 2 and needs constant treatment and you want to breed it with another dog witch has the same problem there is a good chance that the pups will get it aswell. and there is no way in hell i would breed a dog just for working ability you can teach a dog how to hunt but you carnt teach a pup how to be strong and healthey. :no: