Pennine trout

im goin to pennine trout fishery's any method day and pellet and paste are banned. :(

so, does anyone have any ideas on a killer method for the trout, there are also perch in the lake and i would like to avoid these but understand it will probably be impossible. im planning on colouring sweetcorn brown and flavouring it halibut and also bread (floating). the trout are fed on trout pellets at the water. any help would be appreciated :yes:

Ideal sort of size Mate. If you can find a durable plastic/metal ring to punch it out I'd try that. Fish it on the drop under a drennan plastic sub float like this:

http://www.polefloats.com/images/T/drennan-sub-float.jpg

a shot either end of it to hold it in place. Just a hook tied direct to the line, no other terminal tackle except maybe a shot to get the bread to sink (but only add this if really necessary). The bread will wave about as it sinks and entice them to hit it quite aggressively so your sub float will go zooming off more often than not. Some times you'll hear the shot rattling against the float as a fish mouths the bait - get ready when you hear this!

This would also work well with maggots, especially with plenty of loose feed going in.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

:thumbs:

Guest bullterrier

fished there a few times and always fish a waggler float about three foot deep with hair rigged pellet and just keep firing some loose pellets take worm and corn if you don't take any pellet with you and you get there and see most people will be using pellet or power bait is another good one for there you;ll wish you had and fishing with the wind coming into a bay ATB..:thumbs: ..john

Guest bullterrier

thanks, i had every intention of taking pellets even if i sneakily have to use them :whistling:

il see if i can get 1 of them floats, also how many did you catch last time? :)

my mate had a seven puonder take a extra bag and slot a few have had over 20 mate.:thumbs: ...john