hancock lurcher

oznblue

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dam and sire will almost certainly not be from working stock and so you stand a very good chance of your pup being a bag of shit. As far as i know there about 200. Far better to look through the f

yer puppy peddled shit

imagine if hancock had of bred his dogs best to best and lurcher to lurcher,he could of kept track of the dogs which were working well and used those as studs, eventually he then could of line bred hi

The dam and sire will almost certainly not be from working stock and so you stand a very good chance of your pup being a bag of shit. As far as i know there about 200. Far better to look through the for sale section on here and get one off someone who works there dogs and gives a toss about something more than just money. Hancock is a a puppy farmer. I rang him years ago and was told "just comedown anytime, we always have at least 13 litters ready to go"! Hese a c**t.

Mate, you should of searched for Hancock! Lol.

You will get half the forum saying they run a Hancock dog and its great. Then half the forum saying he's just a puppy peddler producing bags of shit.

Personally I am on the fence, i think alot of people have had dogs from non working parents and turned them into good uns. And on the same note I'm sure that people have had dogs from "top coursing lines" "guaranteed to be 100%" and they have turned out wank.

I have just had a pup from a working dog and bitch and there are loads of working bred pups out there so I would say its your choice.

It may make little difference to how the pup turns and it is deffinitely about how you bring it on. A numpty could ruin the best bred pup in the country.

However My OPINION is - Why buy a dog your gonna work from non working parents when you can get a similar bred dog from both working parents for similar price if not less?

Gaz

Guest michael.hudson7

I know a bloke who loved his hancock lurcher so much and its ability hes had 2 more pups just because they not working stock dosent mean they won't produce good dogs its how you bring it on. Collies x's are clever dogs anyway just spend time with it and they will make good dogs. I think people want stop all the slagging off on here sick of reading blokes slagging others off. Good luck with whatever you decide mate.

Mr Hancocks lurchers are probably not all shit, but as far as know he dose not work any of his lurchers, he once told my mate, and this is going back a few years, that his studs were worth too much to work, that statement alone would put me off, his ear numbers arnt worh the paper they are printed on he has no idea about the dams progress as he never works them, he only used to get sales bacause he sold on the word of plummer, my mate , much to the annoyance of myself and another lad who knows his lurchers, decided to purchase a lurcher dog, at nine months old it was decided to return the dog, bacause of a hip problem, the vet said it was born with it and that it was hereditry, Hancock refused to take the dog back so it was put down, nor did he get his money back, only that he could choose another pup, me, well im not looking for a lurcher, but if i was i would look elsewhere.

i no that sally hancock has just out crossed to a non hancock dog to get the pray drive back in .....so starting to move forword..:thumbs: ......£200/175.....

do you know how hancock breeds to get his crosses ?

All i can comment on is my experience. Owned a border/beardie x greyhound many years ago and i now have a 8 year old border/greyhound from hancock, both have been good dogs that i have been very happy with...just good honest rabbiting dogs. His dogs can make very good mooching dogs in the right hands...like most dogs. So in my experience there is nothing wrong with their abilty to work. Just depends if you mind buying off a puppy farmer. Saying all that if you are willing to wait there are some good genuine people on this forum who only breed from good tested reliable stock, which is where i will be hopefully getting my next dog from. Then again there are also plenty of numptys selling dogs on here as well, so pick carefully.

i no that sally hancock has just out crossed to a non hancock dog to get the pray drive back in .....so starting to move forword..:thumbs: ......£200/175.....

do you know how hancock breeds to get his crosses ?

the stud dog was a full working border colle back to a dog sally had

:thumbs:

if your going for a name dont bother thats all its is, a line bred dog would be far better choice 'true to type and gauranteed to work' spend your time looking mate far better to wait for the right dog than go and pic one out of 40 pups from a breeder :thumbs:

makes me mad this site. some one will put one or two litters up for sale and everyone go's mad ''fecking peddler'' and all the rest of it.

but because the pups have a name in front of them than thats ok?

he is a puppy peddler/farm or what ever you want to call it/him.

why would anyone want to bye from a puppy farm, off non workers.

if people didnt bye off scum like him the dog world would be in a much better state.

as there would only be good stock about for sale of proper dog lads.

Archived