Well finally managed to get to my most local (1hr 20 min drive) but resonable gun shop on friday.Had just come of a 15hr nightshift but gave up the right to sleep so as to get my new toy .Got to the shop and done the deal for my new T3 unfortunatly they had got a delivery that day with all the s+b scopes and deer hunter clothing you could shake a stick at but no ammo arrived so I had to take winchester 100 gr bullets ,wasnt to bothered tho as was only intending using them to run in the barrel.

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

Went over this morning after coming of another long night shift to fire a few shots through the barrel .I was using a fire twice ,clean and leave for a few minutes process (no doubt not the correct way but the way I chose ) and fired the full box over a 2 hour period as I didnt want to rush it.All this was done un moderated as the guy that take me stalking was supposed to be selling me his redundant T8 as he had bought a slimmer mod ,but he was on his shoot on saturday for a pheasant day so I didnt want to pester him to much .Now to the nitty gritty how long does it usually take to run in a barrel and how do people put up shooting un-moderated (I work in the construction industry and am used to load noises but firing a 243 un moded takes the biscuit)Please feel free with any info on new CFs and running in time *Monkey Hanger* -Eat Lead

:thumbs: Nice rifle you got their mate, I shoot a Remington 700 .243 with no sound mod fitted but I do ware ear protection as I do when I use one of my shotguns.My ear defenders cut out any noise above a certain decibel straight away when I fire any weapon but I can hear the birds whistling ETC.when not firing, They cost me £20 from the shooting show at Newark early this year and work as good as ones at £80. You only get one set of ear drums so protect them as well as your eyes. :yes:

hi mate funny thing running in a barrel i bet in your handbook there is no mention of it gun manufactures will tell you rifles are made to such fine tolerences no need to run them in any more i once had a Remington rebarreled by norman clark i asked him what was the running in method he said to me it aint a car engine you dont have to waste time by breaking in the barrel that is an old wives tale the only thing you dont want to do is let it get red hot by fireing loads of ammo of in one hit,,,,by the way i have got an excellent condition T8 for sale only couple of months old £100.00+post.

cheers paul

ps get that hearing protection mate it is vital.

i hope you gave the bore a good scrub out to remove the oil and grease form the factory.... !!!!!

Barrel quality will depend on how long it takes to run the barrel in, But shoot one clean one for 20 rounds will be ok, you will need a good copper remover and carbon

remover, and give the bore a good cleaning until the patches come out clear,

and then scrub again with the carbon remover, and try to see if more copper is evident,

when clean shoot 1 clean in every 10, for 50 rounds most standard factory barrels will need this, as it the only way of getting rid of the small burrs from the rilfing process....

ATB.

Snap.

Nice rifle....looking forward to getting a shot sometime :whistling: .

Just love the second picture of it with your socks on the photo :11:

Hopefully get up soon mate and hopefully your 6.5 will be ready about the same time so I can get a shot of that :whistling:

And did you notice they werent even matching :icon_redface: Got soaked and dirty when I was out zeroing and after a bath I just fired on the first 2 socks that came to hand :laugh: Wasnt until id posted I noticed they were in shot but thought feck it I aint changing the post now lol.

Cheers for that SS will need to try and get the carbon remover