big bullx doing the job single handed

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres some right bollocks gets chatted on here, it seems more foxes die in one day on this site than they do in a full season in the real world, now heres a few facts i know..... the majority of half

Ok, I'll get with the post, the post says 'heavy', well lets face it, no heavy (as in weight) can catch much at all. As for first crosses, well run at the right weight and they'll do the job, week in

this is my bro bitch 5/8greyhound 3/8bull think she is about 5 yr old kills foxs 4 fun mate and she is heavy set mate she is big 4 a bitch

Posted Images

Right is there anyone up for gettin out with there Half x Bull/Grey. Me personally have seen the ODD fox caught by a half x i have seen them catch alot more when they are doubled an the the dog with more agility has done all the work only to turn it into the half x. I am up for goin out with anyone who has a half x bull/grey an we will run Singlehanded not a competition just a night out. . All the best SHanded. . :thumbs:

Right is there anyone up for gettin out with there Half x Bull/Grey. Me personally have seen the ODD fox caught by a half x i have seen them catch alot more when they are doubled an the the dog with more agility has done all the work only to turn it into the half x. I am up for goin out with anyone who has a half x bull/grey an we will run Singlehanded not a competition just a night out. . All the best SHanded. . :thumbs:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

if lucky you can get some racey enough 1st crosses but most are too heavy.lamping foxes is my main thing and a dog has to have speed and be well able to turn.a lot of lads dont realise how fast a fox can run and turn

Derek you are absolutely correct, and in our small rough fields, a fox can be gone in a second, leaving a slow dog bewildered. I think in Ireland for sure, the fast lightly built dogs, with a quick kill, are the best. :thumbs:

cúagusgiorraí your right bull x here have to be like a rocket to catch them here we a lucky enought to still practice lurcher on fox, we run 2 two bull x that can catch them but no dog will catch every one they run no fun if they did, big set or racey theres no dog or breed is going to catch them all if they did no man where shoot foxes :thumbs:

sounder

Your right what your sayin sounder no dog does catch them all. But I have a dog here Troy who has got an exceptional catch rate on Charlie normally a turn on a fox results in a kill. He was 18months old when I ran him in the lampin comp the dog has just turned 3. A couple lads in the comp witnessed this dog catch an dispatch a fox at 18monthd old an He been doin since he was 13months old. Again a few on here have seen him workin. Now he's not a half x although he has got bull blood in him it's less than a quarter but the dog also has wheaten in him. The half xs I have seen would only catch the odd fox there is lads on here claiming to have half xs bangin them over night after night Singlehaded I personally would like to see this... All the best.. SHanded...

a fox that wants to move can move seriously fast and turn faster,heavy set dogs no matter how game wont catch nearly the amount of foxes day or night that a racier game dog can.a lot of people especially those that do more talking than catching think that all foxes are simple to catch,they are not,a fast dog is needed especially on shy ones.

thats a good point mate

seems like a 3qtr grey the way forward as my 1st cross just looses them once they start turning his not a unfit dog neither,so the only answer is to pair up with a another dog shouldnt get away then as they turn the fox for 1 another,altough mine will catch them but if you want them evry slip u cant expect a 1st x in my eyes to be nailing them on piece and theres nothing worse than seeing the coming back after a slip empty handing!

You might be surprised when the 3/4 greyhound loses them at the turn too. Your dog might be doing a better job than you think partner. ;)