Good Black Dogs (Pattedales?) in the US?

This thread is a perfect example of what mixing money and dogs means!!

And in reply to one of the points above, why would you be giving a dog to a stranger anyway??.....if you dont know them, then surely they come recommended from someone you do?.........and if thats not the case then actually, yes, it is just about the cash!!

Have a good look at some of those American breeder sites, most of those Studs and brood bitches have never seen a single days work in there life.

Be honest some of you guys, you breed for money but pretend otherwise.

good post wilf :thumbs:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the topic is there for everyone to reply.i just told the truth im not backing anyone here im just giving my input.3000 pic means f**k all and who did you hunt with in ireland iv seen a lot booths old

Not much in the way of terriers, I can't dig at all now, I spent some time in the hospital and sport a bag now... fashionable eh? The ground here is sugar sand anyway, I've yet to see a decent earth

Jonathon, I have read this post and am not at all amused.....First , I met your father in Iowa at Barburners at a get-to-gether....We talked at lenght about many things terrier, and, were in agreement

And in reply to one of the points above, why would you be giving a dog to a stranger anyway??.....if you dont know them, then surely they come recommended from someone you do?.........and if thats not the case then actually, yes, it is just about the cash!!

Have a good look at some of those American breeder sites, most of those Studs and brood bitches have never seen a single days work in there life.

:thumbs:

This post says it all.

I well understand all to well HA HA!??? and like all Sportmen should Believe the quality Ability of a below ground working Terrier is the most important fact, But I also know that the guy's you now slag off above have paid many thousand's just in export airfare carrage vet bills etc: to import Terriers (I know they came over to see for themselfs working )as all terrier should be well worked before they are bred from,Terriers that you now have offspring from what you got for free. Even if some Terriers were gifted to them by my Father and others when they became good friends the big costs involved fetching them to America was is real big it is understandable if they are far more money in the States than in Europe As I believe Pit Bulls were many years ago when they first cost a fortune to fetch into Britain and put in quaranteen for six months,But genuine Guys will always echange amoung each other But why should a stranger expect them for free and often guys like this complain about buying and Vet costs or even feeding a dog. a great hunting home is most important Jonathan

I am really confused ... I guess you are too .. I don't have any dog with your fathers blood in it .. If I did I would have cull or gifted them all away . For 2reasons ... He said himself that they are not bred to have any hunt drive and the second I will keep to myself...

I can tell it bothers you alot that I will not pay for a dog... You continue to speak with out knowing facts .. Like the fact that I paid someone back for a gift and now you trying to take credit because the dog has a buzz going here in the states .. The Booth family has nothing to do with the Gizmo dog .

I speak for myself!" (Possum Quote I start my Terriers???? on Armadillo)Because they curl up in a ball and do not fight back "Big Deal!" Do you not think ? my father would come on here if he wanted to ? Do you honestly think you are worth it fella! ,Anyway I thought I was acknowledging with your type of prefered spaniel rat terrier cross hunting I know you think succesfull Badger digging is only done with rubbish Terriers in the countries where it is leagle like the Terriers shown further back and as you now know My father Would proberbly not give a proven well known Joke, liar, coward and fellow Sportsman and friend backstabber the time of day. JONATHAN Booth.PS the name Possum definatley suits you to hide behind :no:

Ok Jonathan, let me explain this to you better so you will understand and then you can slag me for facts not hear-say.. I indeed start my young terriers and puppies on armadillo.. It allows me to introduce my young ones to true earthwork without worry of ruining them or them taking too much stick at a tender age. By the time the terrer in question has properly matured and ready for a formiable opponent he or she will be light years ahead of the terrier that matured in the kennel run as they have already been finding game and are already accustomed and are completely comfortable with earthwork. . I only work a few brush and rubble piles as most of the work my terriers see is earthwork.. Do not be fooled a armadillo sett has turns and sometimes spread out a ways with exit holes etc. perfect for starting pups and young terriers that are not fully mature. I do not work seasoned or fully mature terriers to dillo's, I work them to groundhog, coon, and fox..I have only recently ocated where a small amount of badger are located in my state and I look forward to knocking a their door soon. Does this make any sense to you or are you lost because I am referring to hunting not dumping game at the terriers feet from live traps or baiting.. You, your father, Todd, Tony, Craig, and the rest of the "Booth Klan" can slag me all you choose, at the end of the day my so called handy culls get the job done that your father's own in-famous line couldn't...And that is FIND GAME, ENTER EARTH, AND STAY TILL DUG TO OR FOUND.. ALL ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL.. I will admit I should have put a bullet between everything "Booth" that I owned because they lack hunt drive and are among the woRsT finders I have ever seen with my own two eyes.. I can honestly say I was wrong for not culling the terriers...With that being said I will explain why I sent them back alive.. I for some selfish reason wanted to see what your father's, Todds, etc.observation of the terriers were..I wanted to see first hand fo myself if these guys would be honest or continue to build the up as world beaters to help their peddling .. I was moderator of the Barnburner Forum for some time and I sawsome shit to say the least..I persnally saw all the edited posts from your father evertime someone called him out.. I saw the shear peddler's circle the Booth Klan had going on.. And low and behold, terriers I personally witnessed (along with friends who will tell the same) outright quit, all the sudden became Badger dogs with well over 2 hours on a particular dig.. BULLSHIT RUBBISH LIES!!!.. My only question to you guys is, if I am such a newbie fool who doesnt know his own arse from a hole in the ground, then why did you idiots get so upset of my opinion of the Booth dogs I worked?? Answer= because you all know the real trth as I do... Hunt Well all te best....Daniel

I want to compare some lines and see what I like.

I can save you some time and money if you are willing to listen to the truth and take it for what it is worth... I hunt on average 3-4 days a week and have witnessed terriers from most of the lines that exist here in America..Stay away from anyone in that is peddling terriers from a website here in the states or anyone who wants cash for their terriers.. There is a lot of good hearted folks in the states that will gift you a terrier that is bred from honest workers IF you are into these little dogs for the right reasons.. I was one of the idiots that spent a lot of money only to recieve pure backfill.. It wasn't until I pulled my head from my arse and truly opened my eyes that I would recieve TRUE workers..

Booth Terriers: I personally owned several Booth bred terriers from the likes of Todd Fulford from Deadgame, Craig Wilson of J&J patterdales, and Aaron Strawn of Barnburners.. And some from others that do not have websites.. I only got 1 terrier that would even work, he came from Aaron Strawn.. And looking back he was only a mediocre worker when I compare him to my current workers.. The problem I faced with ALL the Booth bred terriers is they lack (in a major way) finding ability,hunt drive, and most were too big for honest earthwork.. They were all rough old cobbs ( with the exception of Deadgame's Cocoa, who outright quit) and could finish like no other, but they couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag!! If you are looking for a terrier that you can bait vermin straight from live traps and watch them in their devastating finish then a Booth dog is what you want..That being said, if you are looking for a natural HUNTER that will find, enter, and stay till dug to or found then a Booth dog is not what you need or want..

OLD NUTTALL Bloodlines: I have worked with several lines and to be perfectly honest the OLD Reuvers Nuttall lines are among the best honest workers you can find here in America...(fact)..They will not cost an arm and a leg as most are sold for a promise that the terrier will be worked in a proper manner when it has properly matured. And you wont find this blood on a peddler's kennel as they are properly placed with what is best for the terrier and line in mind rather than selling or peddling to who ever comes up with $1000.00 dollars first like most website kennels (Deadgame and TTI or Riviotta).. they honestly posess the most hunt drive and finding ability of Any terriers I have stepped into the woods with..

GOULD terriers.. They have more hunt drive and finding than the Booth dogs I have hunted with but not as good as the old Nuttall.. Most are too big for honest earthwork. That being said they turn out pretty decent if you use them for an outcross..

Now I am not claiming to be the patterdale expert nor am I saying that you wont find a good Booth dog or Gould dog.. I am just saying that in my OWN experiences the Old Nuttall line has been far superier to the others I have personally stepped into the woods with and Honestly hunted rather than baited as most over here in the states do.. Everything that I stated is only based on my OWN observations of Honest North American Hunting here in the states.. ok you may all begin to tear my post to shreds as usual now...thanks...Daniel Ashlock

what quarry do you dig to with your terriers

I see Daniel hasn't answered your question, so I will. Possum told me he hunts armadillos, opposums and will occasionally get a small coon.

Daniel has made this remark several times on my messageboard. He believes that everyone in the UK, that walks their dog up to a hole and releases it, is baiting. I tried to figure that out and came up with this... Daniel hunts in Texas where the game is in armadillo holes along dry riverbanks these holes are about 3 foot long and up to 10 inches deep, they rarely have any turns in them. He has never hunted groundhog or Badger, or even fox in a big multiholed set. So he really does not have a clue what he is saying. Todd

Scent, I start my young terriers on dillos because it is a good confidence builder and it gets PUPS started on eartwork without getting them beat on..

You see Jonathan if you would have at least quoted the whole first sentence you might have caught on sooner.. Or maybe not???

ok craig, but the only statement made about you in this post was I knew you slagged me...Hell Booth forwarded your emails.. Ok let me state this for the record, I never purchased a dog direct from your kennel..I did however own two of your main brood bitches after you were done breeding them...Shady and Misty.. That is the only reason I included you or J&j kenels in my original post was because if the brood bitches dont work then their offspring dont have much of a chance imo.. As I stated in my email conversation with you, I have no personal problems with you, as I stated in the email I do not agree with breeding un-tested terriers but as I alsostated I don't pay our feed bill nor do I plan on purchasing anything..so thats not on me.. take it for what its worth

I am still waiting Tony list 5 ...

Yankee here are five very good dogs that I got from Tony, that were bred from Tony.

!. FC Fulford's/Riviotta's Kori. A very good all around worker, would find anything anywhere. Very smart dog, that was incredibly hard. She was in the ground for 3 days once, when we finally got her out, she got a drink of water and took off hunting again. She was hunted almost every day for seven years straight. No matter how sore or swollen she was, She never showed any sign of quitting ever. She was never worked on Badger... She died at almost nine years old. Killed by two neighbors dogs.

2. Riviotta's/Fulford's Noah. I bought him at six weeks old. I took him back at 13 months old to hunt with Tony he was some impressed with him that he bought him back for four times what I paid for him. He died in the ground working.

3. Riviotta's/Fulford's Casey. A daughter of Booth's Simon and Booth's Tiny. She was out of the first litter that Tony produced from these two after he imported them. I ended up sending her to Texas after my divorce, where she was worked very steady on coon. He later told me she died deep game.

4. Riviotta's/Hinleys/Fulford's Monkey When I went to pick up Casey I saw Monkey in the same litter, she was a very beautiful pup, and was headed to a doctor. I wished for years that I could have gotten her, I did end up getting her when she was about 7 years old. She was a top notch squirrel tree dog, as well as a very good ground dog. She was super hard, and would not back up from anything. I saw her face chewed up so bad, i thought it would never grow back, but it always did. I have a daughter out of her now. Monkey got cancer and died at almost 10 years old.

5. Riviotta's/Strawn's/Fulford's Katie Katie is out of Tony's Billie and Davis' Bix. 12 pounds of fire. A very good dog and a very good producer.

I can list a lot more. Todd

Todd......... It took you 2 guys over a month lol ....

All of the ones you listed were good on your yard and one you listed because she was a good squirrel dog hahaha I think you might not want to trash the opussom when you give credit to a dog for hunting squirrel.

hahahaha Thanks for the laugh I think you and Tony can start over by deleting the post and come back with 5 that you guys sold as I asked for ... I will make it easier this time the 2 of you together come up with 5 ... I am leaving it alone now you have let the world see what I have seen ...

Yankee. I only owned Monkey for about three years. I never hunted her on squirrel, but a squirrel hunter called me wanting a Patterdale, because he had hunted with Monkey. He told me she was a top notch squirrel dog. That was just a bonus with her. She hunted everything, (but not black and whites). She was one of the hardest dogs I have ever seen. Would not back up one inch. Not everyone will ever own a dog as good as her. Todd

I speak for myself!" (Possum Quote I start my Terriers???? on Armadillo)Because they curl up in a ball and do not fight back "Big Deal!" Do you not think ? my father would come on here if he wanted to ? Do you honestly think you are worth it fella! ,Anyway I thought I was acknowledging with your type of prefered spaniel rat terrier cross hunting I know you think succesfull Badger digging is only done with rubbish Terriers in the countries where it is leagle like the Terriers shown further back and as you now know My father Would proberbly not give a proven well known Joke, liar, coward and fellow Sportsman and friend backstabber the time of day. JONATHAN Booth.PS the name Possum definatley suits you to hide behind :no:

Ok Jonathan, let me explain this to you better so you will understand and then you can slag me for facts not hear-say.. I indeed start my young terriers and puppies on armadillo.. It allows me to introduce my young ones to true earthwork without worry of ruining them or them taking too much stick at a tender age. By the time the terrer in question has properly matured and ready for a formiable opponent he or she will be light years ahead of the terrier that matured in the kennel run as they have already been finding game and are already accustomed and are completely comfortable with earthwork. . I only work a few brush and rubble piles as most of the work my terriers see is earthwork.. Do not be fooled a armadillo sett has turns and sometimes spread out a ways with exit holes etc. perfect for starting pups and young terriers that are not fully mature. I do not work seasoned or fully mature terriers to dillo's, I work them to groundhog, coon, and fox..I have only recently ocated where a small amount of badger are located in my state and I look forward to knocking a their door soon. Does this make any sense to you or are you lost because I am referring to hunting not dumping game at the terriers feet from live traps or baiting.. You, your father, Todd, Tony, Craig, and the rest of the "Booth Klan" can slag me all you choose, at the end of the day my so called handy culls get the job done that your father's own in-famous line couldn't...And that is FIND GAME, ENTER EARTH, AND STAY TILL DUG TO OR FOUND.. ALL ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL.. I will admit I should have put a bullet between everything "Booth" that I owned because they lack hunt drive and are among the woRsT finders I have ever seen with my own two eyes.. I can honestly say I was wrong for not culling the terriers...With that being said I will explain why I sent them back alive.. I for some selfish reason wanted to see what your father's, Todds, etc.observation of the terriers were..I wanted to see first hand fo myself if these guys would be honest or continue to build the up as world beaters to help their peddling .. I was moderator of the Barnburner Forum for some time and I sawsome shit to say the least..I persnally saw all the edited posts from your father evertime someone called him out.. I saw the shear peddler's circle the Booth Klan had going on.. And low and behold, terriers I personally witnessed (along with friends who will tell the same) outright quit, all the sudden became Badger dogs with well over 2 hours on a particular dig.. BULLSHIT RUBBISH LIES!!!.. My only question to you guys is, if I am such a newbie fool who doesnt know his own arse from a hole in the ground, then why did you idiots get so upset of my opinion of the Booth dogs I worked?? Answer= because you all know the real trth as I do... Hunt Well all te best....Daniel

Daniel, Let me see if you understand what you are saying. You are saying that every Booth dog that you had should have been culled, but instead you sold everyone of them for big money.

I traded you two frozen Semens out of Noah, that you yourself said was worth $500 each. You bought a third one for $500 and you later sold one for $500 cash. So I gave you $1000 worth of frozen semen for Cocoa. Before I bought her, you told me she was a good dog and I would be happy with her. After I gave you the $1000 worth of Semen, you said that she was a quitter, and you knew you should have culled her. Funny thing is, I really was happy with her. I gave her to a friend of mine who works her on badger legally and he is happy with her.

Bag gave you $1000 cash for Misty. You told him she was a good dog, after you got the $1000 you started saying she was no good and should have been culled. Funny thing is he was happy with her. She died of old age recently.

After you got payment for Shady and her pup, you did the same thing.

You said. I will explain why I sent them back alive.. I for some selfish reason wanted to see what your father's, Todds, etc.observation of the terriers were Are you sure that some selfish reason didn't have anything to do with the money you got.

I'm just saying....... Todd

Edited by deadgame