Good Black Dogs (Pattedales?) in the US?

just like old times

Hey, you've got several cases you can work on so sit back, relax and watch. Its better than watching reruns on television. :D

yeah some of this is all too familiar... entertaining and boring all at the same time.. kinda like watching a movie you know the ending of. Same central cast with different supporting actors.

Your right Stevo, just get sick of listening to all the this "I'm the king of the hill" shit....Hows the beer taste?.... :wallbash:

I thought I answered this before the board went haywire...oh well.. yeah GRIZ I completely understand your position. The beer is real good. I either need to give a bunch away or start drinking more. I might have 1 MAYBE 2 a night and I love brewing it so it is piling up. I was invited to a party sat night so I took a few cases along with my guitar. M and a buddy started playing at 9 and didn't quit until 1. between that and the beer I was very popular lol. My wine on the other hand is so so.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the topic is there for everyone to reply.i just told the truth im not backing anyone here im just giving my input.3000 pic means f**k all and who did you hunt with in ireland iv seen a lot booths old

Not much in the way of terriers, I can't dig at all now, I spent some time in the hospital and sport a bag now... fashionable eh? The ground here is sugar sand anyway, I've yet to see a decent earth

Jonathon, I have read this post and am not at all amused.....First , I met your father in Iowa at Barburners at a get-to-gether....We talked at lenght about many things terrier, and, were in agreement

[q

Hi Deadgame dont think you answered the question what type of work did milo do what quarry did he take i think was the question

Oh sorry, Badger, Fox, Racoon, Groundhog, Ferral cat, possum, rats, and one deer. He was not shipped to the US until he was four years old. He now has working offspring all over the United States, Italy, Finland, France, The Chezh Republic, South Korea, Ireland, and Lebanon. Todd

so out of curiosity not including grounghog, ferral cat ,possum, rats, and i wont even mention the deer just how many digs has this dog got under his belt to make him worth that much money . and as for brian breeding for the states i think i now know why lol :thumbs:

so out of curiosity not including grounghog, ferral cat ,possum, rats, and i wont even mention the deer just how many digs has this dog got under his belt to make him worth that much money . and as for brian breeding for the states i think i now know why lol :thumbs:

People ask ( and sometimes get) CRAZY money for dogs here. I called and asked about a russell bitch pup years back and about fell outta my chair when I got the price. She was a sister to a very good working bitch I had here only much younger. At 6 months old the breeder wanted $1500 dollars PLUS two breedings where she picked the stud.. I payed the fee, and she got the litters. I told her to keep the pup. The dogs have became about money to most people over here. I have sold dogs in the past and for pretty good money, so I am not innocent, but I decided a while back that the dogs are just a hobby and if I breed it will be because I want a pup. any extras will be culled or given away. I will make my living at my job.... That said I fully support anyones right to get whatever they can for whatever they are selling..... I do.

People ask ( and sometimes get) CRAZY money for dogs here. I called and asked about a russell bitch pup years back and about fell outta my chair when I got the price. She was a sister to a very good working bitch I had here only much younger. At 6 months old the breeder wanted $1500 dollars PLUS two breedings where she picked the stud.. I payed the fee, and she got the litters. I told her to keep the pup. The dogs have became about money to most people over here. I have sold dogs in the past and for pretty good money, so I am not innocent, but I decided a while back that the dogs are just a hobby and if I breed it will be because I want a pup. any extras will be culled or given away. I will make my living at my job.... That said I fully support anyones right to get whatever they can for whatever they are selling..... I do.

thanks for you good reply steve ,in my eye,s though that if a pup was worth that much money or a working terrier even ,that even if it never made the grade and should be pts it would still be sold on one way or another or it would just be like throwing away $2000 or would it be bred from to make more thousands ,its a shame realy but when money comes into dogs thats when it all go,es horribly wrong :thumbs:

thanks for you good reply steve ,in my eye,s though that if a pup was worth that much money or a working terrier even ,that even if it never made the grade and should be pts it would still be sold on one way or another or it would just be like throwing away $2000 or would it be bred from to make more thousands ,its a shame realy but when money comes into dogs thats when it all go,es horribly wrong :thumbs:

I agree. money and the show ring are the downfall of working dogs IMO. I have a bulldog here that I payed $1000.00 for. IF I had known then what I know now and the price had been $10,000.00 I would have gladly payed it. But to pay that for a dog that can get killed its first time in the woods is a lot to me. That and as you said, most people will fell it is necessary to recover their investment regardless of the quality of the dog. There is a thread on another board where a guy is complaining about getting screwed over on dogs from a couple of guys. he is claiming that he spent thousands on pups and got trash. Others are saying he sold the dogs he claimed were trash for thousands.. remove the money from that scenario and you simply have a couple of junk dogs that got culled.... no trash talking and no hassle.

I agree. money and the show ring are the downfall of working dogs IMO. I have a bulldog here that I payed $1000.00 for. IF I had known then what I know now and the price had been $10,000.00 I would have gladly payed it. But to pay that for a dog that can get killed its first time in the woods is a lot to me. That and as you said, most people will fell it is necessary to recover their investment regardless of the quality of the dog. There is a thread on another board where a guy is complaining about getting screwed over on dogs from a couple of guys. he is claiming that he spent thousands on pups and got trash. Others are saying he sold the dogs he claimed were trash for thousands.. remove the money from that scenario and you simply have a couple of junk dogs that got culled.... no trash talking and no hassle.

cheers steve , thats just the thing i was thinking ,nothing would get culled just passed on and on and put out for stud ,makes me think how good these pats over your side realy are cos for that much money cant see that many people testing them to there full pretential for the breeding side of it ,i think they breed off the lines with the names for the money jmo and not a pop at you steve :thumbs:

cheers steve , thats just the thing i was thinking ,nothing would get culled just passed on and on and put out for stud ,makes me think how good these pats over your side realy are cos for that much money cant see that many people testing them to there full pretential for the breeding side of it ,i think they breed off the lines with the names for the money jmo and not a pop at you steve :thumbs:

No worries. there are still some here who breed strictly for the dogs job with no thought to the money. I rarely ever get off the couch anymore so I am just an armchair quarterback so to speak. I do know where I would go to for a pup if I wanted one however, and it wouldn't be one that cost me a grand either. Now whether I could GET one being a usetacould is another question lol.

No worries. there are still some here who breed strictly for the dogs job with no thought to the money. I rarely ever get off the couch anymore so I am just an armchair quarterback so to speak. I do know where I would go to for a pup if I wanted one however, and it wouldn't be one that cost me a grand either. Now whether I could GET one being a usetacould is another question lol.

Steve and dog fox, you have summed it up quite well. When big money is involved in the terriers , it all goes "cuckoo for cocao puffs"........I'd be willing to wager that most of the nonworkers are sold on and not buried when $1000's are involved...Damn sure not a way to maintain quality terriers........ :wallbash:

Steve and dog fox, you have summed it up quite well. When big money is involved in the terriers , it all goes "cuckoo for cocao puffs"........I'd be willing to wager that most of the nonworkers are sold on and not buried when $1000's are involved...Damn sure not a way to maintain quality terriers........ :wallbash:

Here endeth the lesson..

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 1

what happen to my post? Todd and tony fork over some of that big cash to the mods so it would be removed?

steady, they are having fits with the board. One of my posts disappeared and no way was there anything in it that shouldn't have been. so I'd guess it is just a glitch...repost it, if it is gone again then you may be right.

Steve, post a picture of that bulldog going to ground, for a big dog he qualifies as a terrier more than some terriers. :D

Oh... to answer a question, Tim Jent has decent terriers, don't know if he sells any though.

Edited by DeanD

Steve, post a picture of that bulldog going to ground, for a big dog he qualifies as a terrier more than some terriers. :D

Oh... to answer a question, Tim Jent has decent terriers, don't know if he sells any though.

Tim would call his terriers big lumps, :snack:

No offense, but there is no way I could count how many digs he was on. Milo is dead now. He was a good dog and a good producer. The people that paid big money for his dogs were wanting to start their own lines, they wanted to start with a good dog and did not know anyone who would give them a dog.

As far as paying big money for dogs and not want to cull because you don't want to loose money that depends on what the man is made of. If he does not want to cull for fear of losing $1000, why would he cull if he is going to lose $200, or even $20.

It is like the man that asks the girl would you sleep with me for $10,000 and she says yes, then he says will you sleep with me for $10, she says no what do you think I am, he says we have already determined what you are, now we are figuring out the price. Todd

Edited by deadgame

I would take Griz's word, He has been 100% honest with me. As far as selling, its BS to sell a dog at that rate. If you had a great dog, it would not be for sale & a good dogman would want to get others started so he could have stock being tested even if it means a few lost dogs. I do not know a lot of these guys, but if a dog is not marked he could not have been hunted to hard. As far as comparing a dog to a prostitute, I would think that a dog whore would start out overcharging also.

• Like 1