if london still had the krays, mclean, shaw etc

Guest stewie

You can't compare crime and crime rates now compared to the sixties, only read the books by Shaw and McLean but they were hardly "Wyatt Earp" cleaning up the streets for the good of the "townsfolk". How anyone can idolise the Krays is beyond me............

I wouldnt call it " idolise " but i certainly respect the fact that 2 not particularly bright young lads from an extremely poor background were able to make the most of what they had and create the makings of a better life....

" Shaw and Mclean were hardly Wyatt Earp "........were they supposed to be then ? :blink: .....only folk from this area in that era would understand the shit and poverty men tried to rise above in those days,if that meant bending a few laws then that was the best option for many folk.

I agree you cant compare crimes/crime rates same as you cant compare sentancing etc

How would you justify protection money demanded by the krays (BULLIES) from small hard working family owned local shops, pubs...

That's where you have to read between the lines, if you don't pay the krays they will make sure you and yours will be fecked up.........simples

Feckin good guys the krays!! :hmm::doh:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it wouldnt be any better...it would still be full o cockneys

The scottish are too thick to have any hardcore criminals..... maybe egg poaching that's it!!   Lots of gay hard men, they stick together i'm told Dotty. Is this true?  

Hilarious....i reckon 90% of people talking about Londoners on this thread are northerners,or at least not London people.....i was a kid when the Krays were banged up and the reality is they are far m

this thread was not about respecting any f****r never mind the krays FACT!!! i meant if people like them were still around would all the stabbings, rapes, murders etc be as high and common as they are now??? and i seriously doubt muslim scum would be brave enough to burn poppys on rememberance day if they knew there was people about who would do something about it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: anyway there not and the capitals f****d and not getting any better end off :thumbs:

They would still be making money off the backs of hard working everyday people

Hard men aren`t men who can fight,,, Hard men are blokes who are prepared to go and do an honest graft to provide for their families and look after there own.. not thieves and pimps, murderers and extortionists !!!!!

ATB

Hard men aren`t men who can fight,,, Hard men are blokes who are prepared to go and do an honest graft to provide for their families and look after there own.. not thieves and pimps, murderers and extortionists !!!!!

ATB

never said any different :thumbs:

this thread was not about respecting any f****r never mind the krays FACT!!! i meant if people like them were still around would all the stabbings, rapes, murders etc be as high and common as they are now??? and i seriously doubt muslim scum would be brave enough to burn poppys on rememberance day if they knew there was people about who would do something about it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: anyway there not and the capitals f****d and not getting any better end off :thumbs:

In this day and age the Krays would be fecked,they did understand the value of life in their time and used to it their advantage that's where they got their rep from.

In these days of mass immigration from countries where life is cheap they would have been fecked.

It's all history anyway so leave it there :thumbs:

ATB

I know mate,, thats just my answer to the thread,, :thumbs::thumbs:

In this day and age the Krays would be fecked,they did understand the value of life in their time and used to it their advantage that's where they got their rep from.

In these days of mass immigration from countries where life is cheap they would have been fecked.

It's all history anyway so leave it there :thumbs:

thats it mate times change just for the worse in this case :thumbs:

ATB

I know mate,, thats just my answer to the thread,, :thumbs::thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

The Wyatt Earp comment was aimed at folk who think they are some vigalante cleaning up the streets for the public, they were blokes, tough men, connected men perhaps but just men. Gnasher, some do idolise the Krays, each to their own but they do nowt for me, i agree with your comment that there are hard men grafting to feed their families up and down the country :thumbs:

Yep cant argue with that,in todays times there is a small section of folk,usually very impressionable young men who read books and watch films etc and read into it something completely different to what it actually was.Hardmen :blink: ....theres nothing " hard " about any of it....Lennie Mclean was one of the physically toughest men i ever saw but he never claimed to be a hardman simply because fighting came natural to him...it wasnt difficult for a man like him to go and fight another big strong man it just came natural.....its the stuff that doesnt come natural to a man,the stuff that makes you look deep into yourself that makes a man a hardman in my opinion,a good example being the single working father type scenario.....i could never have done something like that myself i just didnt have what it took....hence i was certainly no hardman,but that didnt mean to say i couldnt fight all day and night and would never back down an inch to any man.

I guess everyone has a different take on whats hard and whats not.

Edited by gnasher16

How would you justify protection money demanded by the krays (BULLIES) from small hard working family owned local shops, pubs...

That's where you have to read between the lines, if you don't pay the krays they will make sure you and yours will be fecked up.........simples

Feckin good guys the krays!! :hmm::doh:

Nobody is trying to justify anything mate,crime is illegal !!.....and there is usually a victim.....it wasnt a popularity contest of course some folk were victims thats just the nature of making a living off crime......

To straight living folk the Krays were well liked and admired.....the local family buiseness you talk of loved the Krays.....the dodgy illegal drinking clubs/pubs ( people that couldnt go to the police ) hated the Krays because they had no answer to them.....nobody said they were good guys,but you will find that many straight living people from 60,s East London were very happy to have them around,criminals from that same area/same era were not.

Would they have made any difference today,of course they wouldnt.....the east end was a close knit community back then where near everyone knew or had heard of everyone else......today there is no community.Walk down Bethnal Green Rd today and 2 next door neighbors wont even know each others first names,its finished round there i moved out 10 years ago and have been begging my parents to do the same but they are old school and refuse to leave " my manor " as my old dad still calls it,very sad to see.

Edited by gnasher16