Strangest thing you've seen when shooting

another one of my favorites were when we were kids and shot a few pheasants out of the trees with air rifle (weve all done it )

we left a brace near the the farmers gate who is the terrier man of the local hunt we walked a bit further and went to the local dam and tickled a few trout on our way back to pick the birds up they were nt there so we put the lamp on only to find charlie boy with 2 birds in its mouth running across the terrier mans paddock the cheeky get ha ha

Once saw the world's most unsuccessful Stoat. :hmm:

I was out a few summers ago on my permission which is a beauty for Rabbits as there is a lot of corn and barley crop growing. Out pops this pair of rabbits and start to feed. I'm just lining-up my reticle on the head of the one nearest the hedgerow when this stoat pops out, really eager looking. This thing's fidgitty as hell and the rabbit I was aiming on looks up at it and hops a few feet away. I hold off to watch through the scope what happens next, as Stoats are formidable rabbit hunters..usually.

Well this one is hesitating, then snapping at the heels of this rabbit, which did not seem unduly worried about this member of it's mortal enemy clan, dodging about it. The other rabbit is nervously watching but it's mate is just hopping here and there, dodging the hoppity lunges very skillfully, like it's nonchalantly playing with this stoat.

This goes on for ages till finally, the stoat gets itself together..makes a determined attack from behind...launches forth...and this rabbit lets it have a full back-kick right in it's face!

Fetched it a bloody beauty, right in the mush!

The stoat goes flying backwards about a couple of yards and is pretty dazed but recovers and tries again...BOSH! another hard crack in the face from this rabbit's great boot of a foot and the rabbits are gone quick! :doh: This stoat's looking sorry around, wondering where the hell it's dinner's just gone to, when...BOP! 16 grains of H&N Field & Target Trophy from my FAC HW80 .22 was the last thing going through it's mind! :bye:

Pretty good headshot from near 45 metres too, if I may allow a moment of conciet!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Once saw the world's most unsuccessful Stoat. :hmm:

I was out a few summers ago on my permission which is a beauty for Rabbits as there is a lot of corn and barley crop growing. Out pops this pair of rabbits and start to feed. I'm just lining-up my reticle on the head of the one nearest the hedgerow when this stoat pops out, really eager looking. This thing's fidgitty as hell and the rabbit I was aiming on looks up at it and hops a few feet away. I hold off to watch through the scope what happens next, as Stoats are formidable rabbit hunters..usually.

Well this one is hesitating, then snapping at the heels of this rabbit, which did not seem unduly worried about this member of it's mortal enemy clan, dodging about it. The other rabbit is nervously watching but it's mate is just hopping here and there, dodging the hoppity lunges very skillfully, like it's nonchalantly playing with this stoat.

This goes on for ages till finally, the stoat gets itself together..makes a determined attack from behind...launches forth...and this rabbit lets it have a full back-kick right in it's face!

Fetched it a bloody beauty, right in the mush!

The stoat goes flying backwards about a couple of yards and is pretty dazed but recovers and tries again...BOSH! another hard crack in the face from this rabbit's great boot of a foot and the rabbits are gone quick! :doh: This stoat's looking sorry around, wondering where the hell it's dinner's just gone to, when...BOP! 16 grains of H&N Field & Target Trophy from my FAC HW80 .22 was the last thing going through it's mind! :bye:

Pretty good headshot from near 45 metres too, if I may allow a moment of conciet!

Simon

I think you're entitled to your moment with a shot like that, well done!:notworthy:

was out one night with my friend jim near one of the woods on my permission and in the dark could see the glint of some thing got closer and it was a police car as we got up to it there was a police woman giving another copper a blow job we walked a bit further up the lane and put the lamp on should have seen her face not covered in jizz but bemuzed the car tore off.

paul