Strangest thing you've seen when shooting

Following on from the skunk thread,what's the strangest thing you've seen when out shooting

I was out one day and came across a group of maggies, I shot at the group of magpies, killed 2 and winged 1. the one that was was winged flew across the field for about 80 yrds and hit the ground still alive. Guess what got to the magpie and gobbled it down before I could get there?

NO there was no OIKS involved ;)

Following on from the skunk thread,what's the strangest thing you've seen when out shooting

I was out one day and came across a group of maggies, I shot at the group of magpies, killed 2 and winged 1. the one that was was winged flew across the field for about 80 yrds and hit the ground still alive. Guess what got to the magpie and gobbled it down before I could get there?

NO there was no OIKS involved ;)

A Horse.

i'v had a few :D when i was a yung un' i used to go shooting rats and starlings in a large

demolition,builders yard. anyway i was sat behind a wall shootin starlings that were coming

to a puddle to drink, i shot one winged it :icon_redface: and it ran in to a patch of brambles

so i left it :no: i went and sat back behind the wall :bye: and 5 mins later heard a starling in the brambles screamin it's fockin head off :o so i went to take a look and peering threw the brambles i saw

a big rat killing the starling just yards in fronta me i basicaly pointed the gun at the 2 of em rollin about and fired :toast: killin the rat and starling dead :victory: oohhh yeah in the same yard one day shootin rats a fockin guy came in big camera tripod ect and 2 fockin stunner's :o he was there takin photos for one of them builders calenders so i sat and whatched :feck::D as the 2 girl's stripped , and straddled various bit's of machinery legs AKIMBO the fockin lot :notworthy: yes i went home after that and burped the worm

:feck::feck:

Edited by BBB

Was shooting in our sydicate a few years ago when the keeper who was the gun next to me hit a pearler of an english partridge as we watched it fall a harris hawk swooped down and took it just before it hit the ground, we later found the hawk and discovered it had got lost while its owner was working it, both bird and owner were united a few days later.

we where once beating a wood out many years ago lads sorrounding it with dogs and 4 beaters when it shoutind whistling etc.5 mins later scruffy tramp came quick marching out of the end ov wood .was 1 crazy site. :laugh:

we where once beating a wood out many years ago lads sorrounding it with dogs and 4 beaters when it shoutind whistling etc.5 mins later scruffy tramp came quick marching out of the end ov wood .was 1 crazy site. :laugh:

:laugh:

Found one sleeping rough in a tonne bag (cubic mtr bag) when we was shooting in woodland, heard him coughing and we approached the bag, poor fecker was sleeping rough in the midddle of woodland surounded by bottles of diamond white cider :(

Gave him a roll up, cup of tea and a cheese cob, sad :(

Found one sleeping rough in a tonne bag (cubic mtr bag) when we was shooting in woodland, heard him coughing and we approached the bag, poor fecker was sleeping rough in the midddle of woodland surounded by bottles of diamond white cider :(

I,v often wondered who that was , cheers Webby , the cheese cob was mingin BTW :thumbs:

I,v often wondered who that was , cheers Webby , the cheese cob was mingin BTW :thumbs:

And your breath was stanly :sick: :sick: :D;)

Stanley ..

Stanley ..

sorry stanley,ok you can have 2 sugars next time and pickle on yer cob :doh::D

Stanley ..

sorry stanley,ok you can have 2 sugars next time and pickle on yer cob :doh::D

Thank you. :thumbs: