pointer greyhound

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'd be better off with an English Pointer as the German wire haired Pointer has a lolloping gait, an English Pointer is a lot sharper on its feet and lighter in frame

Havent seen a pointer crossed with a running dog but i have a gp cross labrador and jumps just like any lurcher i ever owned. also heard of a big GWP being used as a draw dog on badger in sweden

Strange how gundog breeds havent been used more in the creation of working type lurchers.

Posted Images

i have got a first x gwpxwhippet 22 tts whippet frame with pointer head 10 month,couldnt be more pleased with him.

Smiles 40 asked me to put this pic of his dog up

GWPxwhippet.jpg

I like that dog

i got slated when i put a pic on here when he was six month,i was told he would only be good for bushing lol he is but he does lots more besides, only 10 month next season he will be tested so i wont really know till then.zola 1 i am just up the road so you maybe know where i got my pup.

i have 3 pointer xs. a half x bitch. a quarter x dog. and a young dog out of these 2. im in durham. anything you need to know just ask mate and i will try my best to help you

Any pics mate , and what they doing in the field ?

Strange how gundog breeds havent been used more in the creation of working type lurchers.

I recon in days gone by Poach their may have been but, as with other crosses, the've fell out of fashion.

Hunter89 on here bred some handy Pointer crosses, not to a greyhound but his old mans top flight coursing dogs.

• Like 1

i have got a first x gwpxwhippet 22 tts whippet frame with pointer head 10 month,couldnt be more pleased with him.

Just out of curiosity was the dam the whippet or pointer reason i ask is that a mate bred some springer x whippets for bushing dogs the springer was the dam and the pup hes kept is very racy and if you saw it you would never guess for one minute it was out of a springer spaniel.

Just out of curiosity was the dam the whippet or pointer reason i ask is that a mate bred some springer x whippets for bushing dogs the springer was the dam and the pup hes kept is very racy and if you saw it you would never guess for one minute it was out of a springer spaniel.

dam was the pointer,looks nothing like my pup.

Really like to see some pics and hear about there daytime flushing catching ability

Seen about a dozen pointer crosses, all were fox and rabbit dogs, some were also beating dogs. I like the half bred, but a couple of the 3/4 breds covered moor very easy being taller.

My feeling is that any of the hunting gundogs make good lurcher ingredients, but out of the pointers the german wirehaired is the best type for the gamekeeper, foxer/allrounder

• Like 1

mate of mine bred this x 6 years ago every pup out of the litter done the job , after load of other lads from wales got onto him to do the line again he did every pup went to wales and the feed back to this date is all good. i witnessed a one kill its first fox at 11mths old and and to this date has had god knows how many ,

would that be a GWP he used?

ye its a gwp