Can my old Bsa Scope Be Repaired ?

mjr88

Hi all :)

I have recently found an old BSA scope 4 - 32 that i have not seen for at least 20 years or so. It used to sit on an old HW77 that i sold many years ago.

Anyway , the top turret that controls the up / down adjustment is missing the chrome dial , which screws into the top to make the adjustments.

If you study the top picture you can just make out a slight recess where the chrome click adjuster should sit and screw into.

The Black plastic dial pictured next to the scope is the adjustment guide which i cannot use without the chrome piece that is missing.

If need be , i can still use the up / down turret if i take a screwdriver with me each time i go shooting , as there is a screw slot in the turret mount.

I was just wondering if it may be possible to replace this missing part after all these years ,

John :hmm:

today06.jpg

today016.jpg

You could try contacting BSA.

Perhaps they may have some parts in their back catalogue of spares.

Sick up a couple of close ups for me to have a gander at will you?

Put your camera on Macro mode :)

Phantom

Thanks for the reply phantom :)

Here are a couple of close ups,

Photo-0135.jpg

Photo-0136.jpg

Thanks,

Can you measure the diameter of the adjuster and the diameter to where the ring would go in mm's?

Its possible I may have something that may do the job. No promises though!

Phantom

I havn't got one of those precision measuring devices but these are pretty close from a standard ruler ,

Photo-0137.jpg

The recess in the adjuster guide where the missing screw in part sits in is 12mm in circumference

The Adjuster itself is 23mm in circumference

The screw hole through the adjuster guide & missing part is 4mm

John :hmm:

Hey John,

I've just had a look at the old scope that I have, Its an old Bisley 4x32 and thought it may have matched up, I was going to cannabalise it for you if it had matched up :yes: Unfortunately it doesn't :wallbash:I would have happily sent the part foc to you.

The scope itself is in pretty good condition, but its missing the turret caps. Your more than welcome to the scope if you want it?

Phantom

Hey John,

I've just had a look at the old scope that I have, Its an old Bisley 4x32 and thought it may have matched up, I was going to cannabalise it for you if it had matched up :yes: Unfortunately it doesn't :wallbash:I would have happily sent the part foc to you.

The scope itself is in pretty good condition, but its missing the turret caps. Your more than welcome to the scope if you want it?

Phantom

Thanks for trying Phantom :thumbs:

Not to worry though. As i've already stated i can still use the adjuster with a screwdriver , so once zeroed i shouldn't need to worry about it again ,

All the best ,

John