Wednesday night

hunting085fo6.jpg

hunting087sw9.jpg

A farmer near to my house had lost several fowl recently and asked if we'd like a look around his farm for the culprit.Got to the farm at 7.30pm and had the run down of the land from the farmer.Loaded the .222 and clipped on the new lightforce lamp and slotted on orange filter [as used by foxhunter esq].First shine revealed a fox running away down a fence .A quiet squeal brought it to a stop at roughly 30 yards and a quick shot off the shoulder saw it belly up .Down in the bottem fields ,the ground was saturated and a quiet approach was out .I chose a big field and set up for a squeak .Used the long range call first as theres a lot of open ground down here .Spotted a fox coming in way out in the next field then used my mouth and hand to get it within shot .Had to lie in some pretty sticky shit to get down low enough for the bipod .This fox was cautious once in the same field as me and started working the wind .It was at maybe 100 yards and nearly downwind when I decided to take the shot.Heard the smack of a head shot which was strange as I aimed for its chest [only joking].Called a while longer but nothing so took the fox to the farmer .The last fox was a large dog ,probably in the wrong place at the wrong time .Farmer cut the tails off to show his wife .

No mange around us thankfully.The killing goes on though so a return visit is on the cards ,when I can fit it in that is .The stalking has been paid for foxy but I never saw any sign of deer at all ,no slots ,beds or droppings.Probably seasonal here as its very wet now .