yapping?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think, as said earlier you would know if the dog was a yapper.I have only seen one lurcher that was ,it was a whippet x and yapped all the time while it chased a rabbit.I have a bitch myself ,a collie x and she very occasionaly gives a single yap on the first chase of the night.I put this down to excitment and definatly wouldent say she was a yapper.

Doesn't really matter unless it anoys you, which it would me. My oldest dog yapps when chasing through rough and woodland during the day, but never once when running open land or lamping

I prefer this though as I know when she is on somthing when she is out of sight and also alerts other dogs if working in a pack, couldn't be doing with it when lamping though.

cheers for the replys. will tell him not to worry about it. i have also been thinking, it was also when the dog turned and was running towards the lamp. it may of been because the lamp was blinding the dog as it was not a bark by any means just a little cry 2 metres away from us and the hedge. just a thought.

cheers for the replys. will tell him not to worry about it. i have also been thinking, it was also when the dog turned and was running towards the lamp. it may of been because the lamp was blinding the dog as it was not a bark by any means just a little cry 2 metres away from us and the hedge. just a thought.

prob not the reason mate,more likely just a bit of a yip as it has to make up a bit of ground to get back up on the bunny that's all,as said you will know a yapper when you hear it lol :thumbs:

prob not the reason mate,more likely just a bit of a yip as it has to make up a bit of ground to get back up on the bunny that's all,as said you will know a yapper when you hear it lol :thumbs:

so do you think it sounds like yapping. or just the dog really trying

My dog often yaps on his first run, especially if we haven't been out for a while. Once he's caught the first one, he switches to silent running.

I wouldn't worry about a dog giving a few little yips like you've described, why is it a problem for you? Maybe you need to stop reading some of the comments on here about yappers and concentrate on your dogs positives. Sometimes this place is like a cartoon version of the hunting game, don't pay much attention to it.. :whistling::laugh::thumbs:

so do you think it sounds like yapping. or just the dog really trying

never had a yapper myself,just would not do for the places i go that's all,but seen a mates dog give a little yip especially if the rabbit has turned quickly and the dog has lost a bit of ground on it,other than this the dog runs silent,i suppose you could describe it as a little yip of frustration maybe,a lad i run with years ago had a proper yapper,put it this way,you always new where the f****r was needless to say don't go out with him any more, in fact he was a complete muppet in all ways lol

my [bANNED TEXT] says his lurcher never yaps and took me out for a look when he was out lamping. when the the dog was coursing a rabbit and the rabbit was about to hit the hedge 5meters away from us u heard the dog give a quiet cry. just wondering if u would u class this as yapping or not.

Never gave out a quiet cry myself than near to the hedge line.:thumbs:

Edited by Catcher 1

my [bANNED TEXT] says his lurcher never yaps and took me out for a look when he was out lamping. when the the dog was coursing a rabbit and the rabbit was about to hit the hedge 5meters away from us u heard the dog give a quiet cry. just wondering if u would u class this as yapping or not.

Never gave out a quiet cry myself than near to the hedge line.:thumbs:

and the odd whimper when you get to the laughing bit :D