dream handgun

Meantime, back in the real world . . The Glock 17 was designed for the Austrian Army. As supplied, it was double action only. Since the only way it could fire was by pulling through on the trigger, no safety catch was thought necessary. When it sold on the open market, it was also provided in single action. The S/A guns have a push-through button to lock the trigger. Glocks are not particularly good guns anyway. They are too light, making it difficult to hold them on POA after one shot; they are flimsily built; the trigger has a nasty creepy feel and far too long pull through. They only got so popular 'cos everyone got hard-ons for that 17 round mag. I'll stay with my 5-round .357 Magnum. 5 rounds, 5 down, 5 dead.

If you want a serious auto pistol, Clint's Para Ordnance .45 ACP M1911A is the DOG'S BOLLOX. Wide frame, double row mag with 14 rounds, + 1 in the chamber. Hot loads with 135gr HydroShoks, 300 ft.lbs ME. The M in the name stands for Mayhem, Massacre and Murder. Big bulky sod to carry tho'. (The gun, not Clint).

Ric

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Google "Calico 9mm" and look at their 9mm full auto pistol with the 50 round helical mag if you get really antsy about pistols. Or their 9mm SMG with the 100 round mag. Or their .22lr pistol with 100 round mag. FFS, these people were seriously deranged.

Ric :whistling:

ok lads, what is the handgun you would love to own if licencing laws permitted you to do so?

personnally id love a glock 17

post-45924-004720500 1287514716_thumb.jpg

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE MAD FOR GLOCK :yes:

Strong Stuff :yes::yes:

Think you may have miss-spelled cock Carl.

is that a bloke in your avatar.thats fookin scary

Guest jimmycent

Glocks are not particularly good guns anyway. They are too light, making it difficult to hold them on POA after one shot; they are flimsily built; the trigger has a nasty creepy feel and far too long pull through. They only got so popular 'cos everyone got hard-ons for that 17 round mag

the perception of weight is all relative, if you use a heavy gun for the majority of the time the glock will seem to light and vice versa, the ablity to adapt to fire any gun regardless of spec is the definition of a good shooter.if you cannot stay on target shot after shot...well a bad workman always blames his tools. as for being built flimsily...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

Edited by jimmycent

I used to own handguns in the 90's before the Dunblane tragedy, at the time I had a Glock 17 9mm and a Smith & Wesson .38 special..............

showing your age now "old man" :laugh: (im just jealous you got to own a glock)

on a more serious note... those kids would be same age as me now!

I used to own handguns in the 90's before the Dunblane tragedy, at the time I had a Glock 17 9mm and a Smith & Wesson .38 special..............

Old man :laugh: , i'm 37 and in my prime :laugh: To be honest i fired many different guns with calibers ranging from .22 upto .44 which was the maximum allowed ammo at the range, 9mm and .38 were my favourite and the glock my favourite gun, although the eastern europeans made some cheap reliable guns.......

Old man :laugh: , i'm 37 and in my prime :laugh: To be honest i fired many different guns with calibers ranging from .22 upto .44 which was the maximum allowed ammo at the range, 9mm and .38 were my favourite and the glock my favourite gun, although the eastern europeans made some cheap reliable guns.......

Mid-life crisis :whistling::whistling::tongue2::tongue2: