new pup dead.

It's very rare for a pup to catch lepto first of all and secondly its actually somewhat "dangerous" to vaccinate a young pup for lepto. Do you really trust your vet? Doesnt sound like lepto to me but who knows.

Is leptospirosis not one of the diseases new pups are routinely vacinated for in the UK?

just got my new staffy pup his first jab and covers the lepto in it mate? from a vet cost me £16 and will get the second in 2weeks will cost £16?kennel cough,rabies,distemper,hepatitis,parvovirus,parainfluenza,leptospirosis,?think thats what the jabs cover on the book from vets? Edited by kikki1982

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lepto can cause internal bleeding just like Parvo. There are other diseases that can also produce similar symptoms. Conclusive proof would be with an autopsy.   I wouldn't get a pup for at least 12

FFS , brought a pup , had something called Lepto . Jesus , dont you know anything ??? At 14 weeks it should be innoculated . Its plain Irresponsibility , between you and the seller . YOU should have

Posted Images

It's very rare for a pup to catch lepto first of all and secondly its actually somewhat "dangerous" to vaccinate a young pup for lepto. Do you really trust your vet? Doesnt sound like lepto to me but who knows.

Is leptospirosis not one of the diseases new pups are routinely vacinated for in the UK?

just got my new staffy pup his first jab and covers the lepto in it mate? from a vet cost me £16 and will get the second in 2weeks will cost £16?kennel cough,rabies,distemper,hepatitis,parvovirus,parainfluenza,leptospirosis,?think thats what the jabs cover on the book from vets?

above was what covers the jabs on the book from the vets? :thumbs:

kiki are you saying you got DHLPP plus rabies plus bordatella (kennel cough) ALL for 16 quid? That sounds incredibly cheap ... especially from a vets. They would have been administered in at least two jabs, possibly three ... DHLPP is one, Rabies is always a self contained jab, and usually bordatells is seperate as well. What caused your vet to recommend Rabies, are you planning on traveling to the continent or abroad? Its just quite uncommon to give it (assuming you live in Great Britain?)

just got my new staffy pup his first jab and covers the lepto in it mate? from a vet cost me £16 and will get the second in 2weeks will cost £16?kennel cough,rabies,distemper,hepatitis,parvovirus,parainfluenza,leptospirosis,?think thats what the jabs cover on the book from vets?

Exactly........I don't get the bit posted above by Dan Edwards about the jab being dangerous for pups - i'd much prefer to have it done as not.

My vets £16 for each jag aswel and worms them while he's at it full check over etc he is a running dog vet though whom i have used all my days since i was around 12. Took a full litter of 8 to him last year and he done them all 1st vaccination wormer and puppy pack for £10 a head as they were all in at the same time he runs an open clinic for an hour every day and nite .

Sorry about the pup but .

i dont give my dogs vacsines and never done anny harm i find its just a money scam and i have fit and healthy animals

same here mate my dad advised me against it he said its a money racket annd when he and his mate took there two seperatly bred pups for the parvo vaccine back in the late 80's.. within 4 months they where both dead and was both parvo. said he would never get them done again and never did and never had a problem.. just goes to show all those out there that insist on it being done.. its not 100% effective and it stil happens.. sorry to here about your pup mate.. jon

i dont give my dogs vacsines and never done anny harm i find its just a money scam and i have fit and healthy animals

same here mate my dad advised me against it he said its a money racket annd when he and his mate took there two seperatly bred pups for the parvo vaccine back in the late 80's.. within 4 months they where both dead and was both parvo. said he would never get them done again and never did and never had a problem.. just goes to show all those out there that insist on it being done.. its not 100% effective and it stil happens.. sorry to here about your pup mate.. jon

maybe not 100 pesent effective but its lest likly the pup would of had it if it had the jabs

for me its a must :thumbs:

Vaccines have come a long way since the 80's as has medication/drugs in general. Only a complete idiot wouldn't get their dog jabbed :no: