i joined up awhile back but felt like a right idiot,i had two lurcher pups Dodger and Gypsie Rose.Now their comming up to nine months old and i started training them up when they were 6 months old.Not hunting but recall and stock breaking ect.As their still pups yet i havent started hunting them,but have started going out mooching with them up the moors.Best tell you what breeds they are,Dodger is a Hancock cross,his dad is a beardie collie x grey,this is the Hancock side of him.His mum is a bedlington cross grey.I bought him off a elderly fella in Lancashire.He stands at 24 inches at the moment but i dont think he will be any bigger as both parents were only 24 inches and 25 inches.Gypsie Rose,s mum is scottishdeer hound x grey and her dad is colliexgrey.Dodger has started showing the instincts to hunt but Gypsie Rose only wants to play.I also have a staffy called Kenya she is 15 months old now.I started doing bush work with her,but she is a bit messy with the rabbits,or should i say to heavy mouthed but i was hoping to use her with the lurchers,i have trained up staffies before to work.Not really an ideal breed to hunt with unless the dog flushes the prey out and the lurchers do the coursing.Sorry i am going on a bit but thats a woman for you lol just saying hi.Hoping to learn alot from this site as it has been along time since i trained lurchers to hunt.Thanks for reading.

i joined up awhile back but felt like a right idiot,i had two lurcher pups Dodger and Gypsie Rose.Now their comming up to nine months old and i started training them up when they were 6 months old.Not hunting but recall and stock breaking ect.As their still pups yet i havent started hunting them,but have started going out mooching with them up the moors.Best tell you what breeds they are,Dodger is a Hancock cross,his dad is a beardie collie x grey,this is the Hancock side of him.His mum is a bedlington cross grey.I bought him off a elderly fella in Lancashire.He stands at 24 inches at the moment but i dont think he will be any bigger as both parents were only 24 inches and 25 inches.Gypsie Rose,s mum is scottishdeer hound x grey and her dad is colliexgrey.Dodger has started showing the instincts to hunt but Gypsie Rose only wants to play.I also have a staffy called Kenya she is 15 months old now.I started doing bush work with her,but she is a bit messy with the rabbits,or should i say to heavy mouthed but i was hoping to use her with the lurchers,i have trained up staffies before to work.Not really an ideal breed to hunt with unless the dog flushes the prey out and the lurchers do the coursing.Sorry i am going on a bit but thats a woman for you lol just saying hi.Hoping to learn alot from this site as it has been along time since i trained lurchers to hunt.Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...