A few pics from about the place

Lucky you! :yes:

Thanks, I feel blessed to have moved to such a beautiful place. :thumbs: The cliff top views are just across the field from my new house:

picture7.jpg

The pictures don't do it any justice really, it was very hazy and I've only got a very average camera.

hmmmmmm........looks like a nice fishing spot, that bay with the boat in.

There's supposed to be some of the best wrasse fishing in the UK from the rocks either side of it. :yes: I'll be heading down there with the beach caster one of these days. ;)

i think the odd ray n bass will turn up to actualy.

you done wrass fishing before?

The wrasse fishing is meant to be really good from the rocky ledges on either side of the bay, not the bay itself. You are right about the bass & ray though.

Can't say I ever have gone out to target wrasse from the shore. :no: I like to eat what I catch, and I don't like loosing loads of kit on rocky marks, especially in these tough economic times! :D I have caught balan & cuckoo wrasse off a boat in the area though. :thumbs:

Great shots mate, :thumbs: certainly is a cracking area, teaming with wildlife, any Choughs on top of those cliffs Mal?

think i've just murdered this first one in lightroom.. :doh:

post-9466-008980500 1287054255_thumb.jpg

post-9466-063493600 1287054272_thumb.jpg

Cracking shots! :good: Where about's were they taken? I'd hazard a guess they were taken somewhere along St. Brides bay area (Broadhaven/littlehaven/newgale/druidstone/etc) or Freshwater West, going on the tankers in the background. :hmm:

Not sure about the choughs sorry. :thumbs:

Broadhaven mate, cracking walk along the costal from there heading north.. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

That's just round the coast to the right of that little bay in my pictures. Most of it's stunning. :thumbs:

Broadhaven mate, cracking walk along the costal from there heading north.. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

That's just round the coast to the right of that little bay in my pictures. Most of it's stunning. :thumbs:

Thought is was mate, that black and white pic i put up was taken on the bit of beach you can see, by the rocks, in your third pic down, just make out the island behind my dogs head, see it better in your pic.. i also started a thread on here a while ago with a pic of a rock Pippet.. that was also taken on those rocks on the same beach!

Small world as they say.. shame its a fcuking six hour drive from here! :thumbdown:

i think the odd ray n bass will turn up to actualy.

you done wrass fishing before?

The wrasse fishing is meant to be really good from the rocky ledges on either side of the bay, not the bay itself. You are right about the bass & ray though.

Can't say I ever have gone out to target wrasse from the shore. :no: I like to eat what I catch, and I don't like loosing loads of kit on rocky marks, especially in these tough economic times! :D I have caught balan & cuckoo wrasse off a boat in the area though. :thumbs:

Great shots mate, :thumbs: certainly is a cracking area, teaming with wildlife, any Choughs on top of those cliffs Mal?

think i've just murdered this first one in lightroom.. :doh:

post-9466-008980500 1287054255_thumb.jpg

post-9466-063493600 1287054272_thumb.jpg

Cracking shots! :good: Where about's were they taken? I'd hazard a guess they were taken somewhere along St. Brides bay area (Broadhaven/littlehaven/newgale/druidstone/etc) or Freshwater West, going on the tankers in the background. :hmm:

Not sure about the choughs sorry. :thumbs:

bug tip is get proper grip leads, after that you'll learn the hard way where not to cast lol. oh and dont bother using too soft a rods, e.g. piking carping rods although fun are way to soft... you hit the rass and they bend the rod striaght till they get into the rocks n snags, stiffer rod 15 plus line hit and lift if you can lol. the rays...never landed one of the rocks as yet, had the full real hit the loop a few times on one fish alone then lose the lot as it shifted left and barnacled nerly 400 meters of line yeeee-owch.