ex racing greyhound x saluki greyhound

ive got a 5 moth old pup, his mother is ex racing greyhound and his father is saluki x grey anyone got any view how he mite turn out? his father was very good working dog on all quarry,do you think he will have too much greyhound in him and have bad feet or bad at cornering and poor stamina? what are your thoughts guys?

ive got a 5 moth old pup, his mother is ex racing greyhound and his father is saluki x grey anyone got any view how he mite turn out? his father was very good working dog on all quarry,do you think he will have too much greyhound in him and have bad feet or bad at cornering and poor stamina? what are your thoughts guys?

i think with saluki, however much, he will have nice depth in his chest n good lung, grey for pure speed, he will almost definatley take all quarry especially if u 2 him up, sounds like a nice dog from good stook, mum from speed n his dads ability to kill :thumbs:

no probs on doubling up me mates got his brother :gunsmilie:

Edited by daveyace

i think with saluki, however much, he will have nice depth in his chest n good lung, grey for pure speed, he will almost definatley take all quarry especially if u 2 him up, sounds like a nice dog from good stook, mum from speed n his dads ability to kill :thumbs:

no probs on doubling up me mates got his brother :gunsmilie:

haha sorted then, could do with taking him or them out with experienced dogs though mate, let them watch and dont run them too young, makes a dog a pure whinger ;)

yeh mate im not taking him out till at least 12 month just guna train him and get him retrieving every time with a rabbit skin dummie and too many of my mates dogs have bad habbits and never ever come back after a catch or fail and i dont want the pup learnin them

ive got a saluki grey bitch and shes the same she will walk next to me for the whole walk then as soon as we get home she run off and whenever i get near her she runs away and when we go out she does the same when we get back to the van. its a :censored: nightmare :wallbash:

If its a good one, there is a chance that it will be very fast and very deadly.

I bred some of these over 20 years ago you do tend to loose stamina but produce dogs that can catch all edible quarry in all places.atb dell

i had one from a pup and got rid of her in the summer at 18month my views were good speed good strike very keen.good at either lamp work or daywork caught all edible game for me but she did lack the stamina for a real hard night on the lamp thats why i got shot of her,lad who got her is over the moon with her he has had lots of daytime quarry and says she is the best he has seen work the long ears and white bums.here is a pic of her with her first daytime hare the first one she ever seen :thumbs:

post-39452-083124700 1286484795_thumb.jpg

I bred some of these over 20 years ago you do tend to loose stamina but produce dogs that can catch all edible quarry in all places.atb dell

i had one from a pup and got rid of her in the summer at 18month my views were good speed good strike very keen.good at either lamp work or daywork caught all edible game for me but she did lack the stamina for a real hard night on the lamp thats why i got shot of her,lad who got her is over the moon with her he has had lots of daytime quarry and says she is the best he has seen work the long ears and white bums.here is a pic of her with her first daytime hare the first one she ever seen :thumbs:

Cracking bitch Scotty. Silky as Fcuk... ;)

No way would would I have got rid of that black dog its a cracker, f*****g he'll how much lamping do you do in one night

wish i never had now,she would of probly been ok for what i do but i just got in to my head she was lacking in stamina,never mind she went to a good home.the dog i kept instead of her does my head in aswel :wallbash: