siberian husky cross

There was some craze about them once in the Country Mans Weekly a good few years ago, but never heard more past the puppy stages.. :whistling: Just hope your a good dog trainer as a Husky off the lead is'nt the most bidable of dogs..

There was some craze about them once in the Country Mans Weekly a good few years ago, but never heard more past the puppy stages.. :whistling: Just hope your a good dog trainer as a Husky off the lead is'nt the most bidable of dogs..

come 2 think of it my mate never has his off the lead. do they never come back or something?

come 2 think of it my mate never has his off the lead. do they never come back or something?

Huskies/Malamutes are'nt very "tractable" shall we say.. And Impossiable to break to Livestock - I dont care who say's I'm talking crap but it's true.. And off the lead, would entain you chasing to get your dog back if it saw or found a nice scent..

Not the best thing to cross into a sighthound I think.. Talk about Sheep worring etc !

I'd imagine 99% would be useless, but (and i know how much flak this will bring) there is / was a member on here who keeps a malamute bitch for working with the running dogs and she is SOME animal at her job, i do however believe she is a pretty rare act.. She was put to a grey and the offspring are superb at what they do. Plenty of guts, very fast, good coat, good feet, very god temprement and very trainable. Now obviously plenty of folk are going to say 'no, this is impossible, all crap, i don't believe it', well who cares, it's true. For the record i only met this bloke and began to watch his dogs work because i did not believe it and he invited me out to see for myself. :thumbs:

I'd imagine 99% would be useless, but (and i know how much flak this will bring) there is / was a member on here who keeps a malamute bitch for working with the running dogs and she is SOME animal at her job, i do however believe she is a pretty rare act.. She was put to a grey and the offspring are superb at what they do. Plenty of guts, very fast, good coat, good feet, very god temprement and very trainable. Now obviously plenty of folk are going to say 'no, this is impossible, all crap, i don't believe it', well who cares, it's true. For the record i only met this bloke and began to watch his dogs work because i did not believe it and he invited me out to see for myself. :thumbs:

I don,t doubt you at all ,but that must be very very rare.