buck/breay patterdales

I THINK WHAT DEE IS SAYING IS THAT IF YA WANT A DOG FOR A CERTAIN JOB THEN GO FOR A DOG THAT IS BUILT FOR THE JOB IN HAND, YA WOULDN'T WANT TO EMPLOY AN ELECTRICIAN TO DO JOINERY WORK!! HE HAS MADE A FEW VALID POINTS, 3 YR OLD, HAD A LITTER, SO THE BITCH COULDN'T HAVE DONE MORE THAN 1 SEASONS WORK, UNLESS IT SELF ENTERED AT 6 MONTHS OLD? BUT AS YOU SAY, IT'S YOUR MONEY, IT'S NO ONE ELSES' BUISNESS. PERSONALLY I WOULD TAKE A PUP FROM GOOD STOCK AND REAR IT TO HOW I WANT IT.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 years old already had a litter and a tad big for job she s intented too do and your talking of breeding her and you ve not even got her yet something does nt add up imo

seriously and buy a dog should not be in same sentence you ll find the best bred terriers are given too like minded people for free and so on and so forth the way it shoud be money will be the undoing

i see this threads gone tits up,i knew frank buck and every terrier i have originate from a terrier fetched from him back in the 90s that dog is in everyone in my kennels and they all go back to black

Posted Images

I THINK WHAT DEE IS SAYING IS THAT IF YA WANT A DOG FOR A CERTAIN JOB THEN GO FOR A DOG THAT IS BUILT FOR THE JOB IN HAND, YA WOULDN'T WANT TO EMPLOY AN ELECTRICIAN TO DO JOINERY WORK!! HE HAS MADE A FEW VALID POINTS, 3 YR OLD, HAD A LITTER, SO THE BITCH COULDN'T HAVE DONE MORE THAN 1 SEASONS WORK, UNLESS IT SELF ENTERED AT 6 MONTHS OLD? BUT AS YOU SAY, IT'S YOUR MONEY, IT'S NO ONE ELSES' BUISNESS. PERSONALLY I WOULD TAKE A PUP FROM GOOD STOCK AND REAR IT TO HOW I WANT IT.

i will be doing that but the man who's terriers id like a bitch pup off isnt having another litter for quite some time so im taking a risk with a bitch that caught my eye even if she is a bit bigger than my comfort zone and a fair bit older than id like. if those are her only faults they are something i can live with. im interested in her bloodline. its not essential but it is interesting.

had a pup twenty yrs back directly off a owd buck bred dog my friend pesterd me for the pup and because a like him so much a give him the young dog ,went on to do well he did and produced some workers as well ,the bloke who had him off me was higgins off this site and he was well happy still mentions the dog when we meet !!

I'D BE A LOT MORE WORRIED ABOUT HER WORKING ABILITIES THAN HER LOOKS OR HER BLOODLINE.

im keeping to type. i know very little about this bloodline hence why i want to know more.

more im thinking bout it less likely i'll breed her, if shes a decent enough worker i'll keep her but im going to wait for a bitch pup from a particular hard strain. well worth waiting for :thumbs:

Guest WEE WEE PANTS

I would def. think hard about the bitch, and at this stage not even consider any pups, if any at all.

Too many minuses for me.

Why did she have a litter at such a young age?

Any pics?

I would def. weigh up options, do you really know what you are looking for?

Good luck in what you do.

Why not ask to see the bitch work.. Ask him over to your permission pick a nice testing earth and see how she goes ... I dont know anyone that would part with a good bitch for money.

All the best with whatever you decide

normally i would have but i was working myself at the time and he was only visiting the area

if it doesnt work out ive a 4hr drive to return her!!

oh well... its an excuse to visit family lol!

had a pup twenty yrs back directly off a owd buck bred dog my friend pesterd me for the pup and because a like him so much a give him the young dog ,went on to do well he did and produced some workers as well ,the bloke who had him off me was higgins off this site and he was well happy still mentions the dog when we meet !!

have you any old pics of the dog laying around?

i see this threads gone tits up,i knew frank buck and every terrier i have originate from a terrier fetched from him back in the 90s that dog is in everyone in my kennels and they all go back to black davey,he was still working at past 12 years old and had to stop as he was going deaf and blind he was put to sleep about 3 years ago at 15,breay went more the smooth coat way but franks did throw brocken coated mine are broken coated and throw the odd black and tan from the lakeland blood buck used, theres a couple of lads on here had them from this line i have here,ive found they start daft and settle down and ive found the bitchs are alot harder than the dogs i dont know why they just are and take longer to settle into there work ,theres not many pure line bred terriers from this line now they have mostly been diluted with other lines mainly nuttall so if your parting with money make sure you know what your getting

regards hedz

just to add there not better than any other good working line out there, they are just decent honest working terriers the same as many lads have ive seen one or 2 folks pay stupid money for something that wasnt what they thought it was or because they had something special because it had a few named dogs in the pedigree years ago big names from years ago mean jack shit there only used by folk that want to make money :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Why not ask to see the bitch work.. Ask him over to your permission pick a nice testing earth and see how she goes ... I dont know anyone that would part with a good bitch for money.

All the best with whatever you decide

Well said that man. :victory:

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. :notworthy:

WITH WHAT'S BEEN DESCRIBED ABOUT THE SHAPE SIZE ETC THIS DOG WAS 14 1/2 TTS, SMOOTH COATED, SNIPEY HEAD WITH PRICK EARS. I WOULD HAVE DROPPED HIM IN ANYWHERE IN FRONT OF ANYONE, NEVER LET ME DOWN ONCE.

different type to the bitch i have here, athletic dog you have there.

WITH WHAT'S BEEN DESCRIBED ABOUT THE SHAPE SIZE ETC THIS DOG WAS 14 1/2 TTS, SMOOTH COATED, SNIPEY HEAD WITH PRICK EARS. I WOULD HAVE DROPPED HIM IN ANYWHERE IN FRONT OF ANYONE, NEVER LET ME DOWN ONCE.

different type to the bitch i have here, athletic dog you have there.

thats the same type as the kizzy bitch. very similar. just a male version. and a stronger looking head :thumbs: