buck/breay patterdales

Guest dee mac

im in process of buying a uk imported buck/breay bloodline bitch, pending trial, she is pure black, rough coated, strong bone, good head, bit big but im hopeing she'll make the grade as i really like her. anyone have any pics old or new of dogs of this strain?? and how did/do you rate them as workers

Hello mate i have buck lines and there as direct from buck as you could really get... the old dogs sire of mine was off max buck . . . .theyre smooth though not rough like yours. . . . mainly big strong dogs no good for small spots or rocks.... they dont start too early or i should say i dont start them early and usually start hard then level out . . . . look at some old topics of mine there all buck stuff not puttin pics up all been seen before. . . Is it a pup you r gettin or a 12month plus??? Be wary of buying someones older crap . . . good luck

adult bitch, 3yrs. shes already had a litter. shes an out and out fox bitch nothing more..... her biggest fault that i can see is that shes a bit big for fox...... if shes game enough she'll be bred to a smaller worker. he seemed straight up with me. told me all the pro's and cons and im gonna take her on anyway. dealt at a reasonable price. not too worried about her breeding but id like to know either way.

3 years old already had a litter and a tad big for job she s intented too do and your talking of breeding her and you ve not even got her yet something does nt add up imo :(:no:
  • Like 4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 years old already had a litter and a tad big for job she s intented too do and your talking of breeding her and you ve not even got her yet something does nt add up imo

seriously and buy a dog should not be in same sentence you ll find the best bred terriers are given too like minded people for free and so on and so forth the way it shoud be money will be the undoing

i see this threads gone tits up,i knew frank buck and every terrier i have originate from a terrier fetched from him back in the 90s that dog is in everyone in my kennels and they all go back to black

Posted Images

im in process of buying a uk imported buck/breay bloodline bitch, pending trial, she is pure black, rough coated, strong bone, good head, bit big but im hopeing she'll make the grade as i really like her. anyone have any pics old or new of dogs of this strain?? and how did/do you rate them as workers

Hello mate i have buck lines and there as direct from buck as you could really get... the old dogs sire of mine was off max buck . . . .theyre smooth though not rough like yours. . . . mainly big strong dogs no good for small spots or rocks.... they dont start too early or i should say i dont start them early and usually start hard then level out . . . . look at some old topics of mine there all buck stuff not puttin pics up all been seen before. . . Is it a pup you r gettin or a 12month plus??? Be wary of buying someones older crap . . . good luck

adult bitch, 3yrs. shes already had a litter. shes an out and out fox bitch nothing more..... her biggest fault that i can see is that shes a bit big for fox...... if shes game enough she'll be bred to a smaller worker. he seemed straight up with me. told me all the pro's and cons and im gonna take her on anyway. dealt at a reasonable price. not too worried about her breeding but id like to know either way.

3 years old already had a litter and a tad big for job she s intented too do and your talking of breeding her and you ve not even got her yet something does nt add up imo :(:no:

im talking about down the line in a few years and if size is her only fault. otherwise i wont be keeping her.

as of this evening i have got her now on trial.

and seriously when you buy a dog you never consider whether it would be worthwhile adding to your own breeding down the line if it makes a good enough worker?????

im talking about down the line in a few years and if size is her only fault. otherwise i wont be keeping her.

and seriously when you buy a dog you never consider whether it would be worthwhile adding to your own breeding down the line if it makes a good enough worker?????

Best of luck with her as all you can do is try her and see,and if your happy with her thats all that matters....mush

Guest dee mac

seriously and buy a dog should not be in same sentence you ll find the best bred terriers are given too like minded people for free and so on and so forth the way it shoud be money will be the undoing of the honest digging dog .
  • Like 4

seriously and buy a dog should not be in same sentence you ll find the best bred terriers are given too like minded people for free and so on and so forth the way it shoud be money will be the undoing of the honest digging dog .

many people wouldnt give you an apple around here. decent dogs are in short supply as well im looking for a right bitch for the future 1 good worker isnt enough.... something happens to him then im stuck without a dog to work and have to find the right pup and wait for it to grow up.

this isnt like england. good decent dogmen are thinner on the ground. theres a few who i hold in high esteem. couple of them over here off this site as well.

Guest dee mac

you ll find there s plenty of decent dogs were you are. at a recent show a very well respected terrierman said he hadnt seen a show of terriers like the one s that were present that day for a very long time congratulated everyone present on the quality of there dogs because they were all workers.so if you do know a few decent dog men that you hold in great respect id be knocking on there dooors and asking for a pup as you ll find that no one sells a decent digging bitch worth breeding off especially in this day and age thats a fact because even the money men hold tight too a decent bitch in there eye s it will make more money having pups than a one of sell could ever get them imo

• Like 1

you ll find there s plenty of decent dogs were you are. at a recent show a very well respected terrierman said he hadnt seen a show of terriers like the one s that were present that day for a very long time congratulated everyone present on the quality of there dogs because they were all workers.so if you do know a few decent dog men that you hold in great respect id be knocking on there dooors and asking for a pup as you ll find that no one sells a decent digging bitch worth breeding off especially in this day and age thats a fact because even the money men hold tight too a decent bitch in there eye s it will make more money having pups than a one of sell could ever get them imo

WAS THAT THE SHOW AT MOYVORE DEE MAC?

i take it your talking about westmeath hunt terrier show. i was there and yes there was a brilliant turnout with some really nice working dogs... i knew a few of the people there. very few from my area though. i could get a top class bitch pup easily but there was only 1 bitch in the 2 litters my mate had this year. he had 2 booked already so i left it at that. ive had offers of pups for nowt from men i respect but im looking for something specific . im taking a risk with this bitch and its my money i'll lose if it doesnt work out. i'll get a pup from a particular dogman with excellent dogs a couple of hours up the road from me that are the type that ive a particular weakness for if this bitch doesnt come up to standard.

AS DEE SAYS, THERE'S LOADS OF DECENT TERRIERMEN AND TERRIERS IN THIS COUNTRY. JUST WONDERING WHERE THE BROKEN COAT CAME FROM ON THE DOG YA BOUGHT? DID BUCK/BREAYS TERRIERS NOT HAVE SMOOTH COATS IN GENERAL?

im not that familiar with the strain. hence why id like to see pics. most of the patts/fells round my way are gould or nuttal with maybe a dash of something else in their strain

Guest dee mac

i take it your talking about westmeath hunt terrier show. i was there and yes there was a brilliant turnout with some really nice working dogs... i knew a few of the people there. very few from my area though. i could get a top class bitch pup easily but there was only 1 bitch in the 2 litters my mate had this year. he had 2 booked already so i left it at that. ive had offers of pups for nowt from men i respect but im looking for something specific . im taking a risk with this bitch and its my money i'll lose if it doesnt work out. i'll get a pup from a particular dogman with excellent dogs a couple of hours up the road from me that are the type that ive a particular weakness for if this bitch doesnt come up to standard.

your not making sense what specific has a 3 year old bitch thats too big for general fox work that you ve to pay for have that a well bred pup for free has nt sounds like your trying too buy your self too the finished article rather than put the time and effort into rearing a few well bred pups. did you buy in the good digging dog you have at the minute or rear it from a pup ? have you dug much with it is it what your looking for in a terrier?

your not making sense what specific has a 3 year old bitch thats too big for general fox work that you ve to pay for have that a well bred pup for free has nt sounds like your trying too buy your self too the finished article rather than put the time and effort into rearing a few well bred pups. did you buy in the good digging dog you have at the minute or rear it from a pup ? have you dug much with it is it what your looking for in a terrier?

why exactly am i answering all these stupid questions again??? the topic is about buck/brey strain patts not my life story. mind your own business.