how can i get my dog light mouthed

Does she chew on dummies too? If she does you'll have to go right back to the beginning of retrieving, working in a narrow area with a wall at one end. Stand a few paces back from the wall and throw the dummy towards it. That way the dog has to pick it up and come back to you. Encourage her back with lots of jumping around or walking backwards whilst praising her for coming to you. Increase the fuse gradually but always train in the passageway until she's conditioned to not chew and bring the dummy straight back. Then work up to frozen game in a stocking, then by itself, then cold game, then freshly shot game, but by bit. If she chews at any point, go back a step.

If this doesn't work, might be worth finding a trainer who can do force fetch. Atb keep us updated, ruthi

Sounds like the dog has been scratched by a live rabbit and will now crush any rabbit to make sure it's dead before it carries it. My lab did it with cock pheasants, got spurred once when young and crushed EVERY cock pheasant, nothing else, for the rest of his working life. Imagine having rabbit claws scratch your face and you can see why it does it.