a couple of pics of our new court and its inhabitants

Nice looking set up mate ,Is that a out building it backs on to ??? as i dont fancy the ferrets near the house in the summer time you would never be able to open the window .

Nice looking set up mate ,Is that a out building it backs on to ??? as i dont fancy the ferrets near the house in the summer time you would never be able to open the window .

If they are kept clean there is no reason you cant have them near the house (although i would draw the line at having them in the house)

Is an old outbuilding where we put all out old junk in the past i had an avairy there but had a major mouse problem,the run itself has a wire roof and the floor is now brick with a few bits and pieces for the ferrts to climb and generly muck about in me or me boy clean the area every other day with a good hose down and give it an occasional sray with a diluted jeys fluid
  • 2 weeks later...

Is an old outbuilding where we put all out old junk in the past i had an avairy there but had a major mouse problem,the run itself has a wire roof and the floor is now brick with a few bits and pieces for the ferrts to climb and generly muck about in me or me boy clean the area every other day with a good hose down and give it an occasional sray with a diluted jeys fluid

I remember reading a discussion on here that Jeyes fluid is bad for ferrets,can anybody recommend a safe one.cheers :hmm:

I remember reading a discussion on here that Jeyes fluid is bad for ferrets,can anybody recommend a safe one.cheers :hmm:

I always used jeyes fluid i waited till there was a hot summers day clean the hutch out and blast it with jeyes then let it dry thoroughly before putting the ferrets back in and never had a problem ,then they changed it so i moved over to bleach at two bottles for a pound its far cheaper so i use it more .most weeks after cleaning the huts out i mix some with water in a watering can and give the slabs round the hutches a good going over

I always used jeyes fluid i waited till there was a hot summers day clean the hutch out and blast it with jeyes then let it dry thoroughly before putting the ferrets back in and never had a problem ,then they changed it so i moved over to bleach at two bottles for a pound its far cheaper so i use it more .most weeks after cleaning the huts out i mix some with water in a watering can and give the slabs round the hutches a good going over

cheers thanks for that ,ill try it.. :thumbs:

never had a problem with jeyes in the past ialso use it in the bantems shed but now i read that think i might change over cheers for the tip