breeding

i tryed quite a risky mating with my collie bitch last year, to a trialling collie,

pup that i kept didnt make the grade, 2 pups who's owners i kept in close touch with did. rest went to pet homes although 1 of those is excelling in agility now,

tried a different mating this year to a dog of similar small type to my bitch. but just as well bred as the dog i'd used in the previous mating.

pup is now 5mths and im positive shes going to make a worker, and im very hopefull she will be trial quality. litter brother is also showing excellent potential. im that positive about this pup that ive spayed her dam.

Why would it be "awful" ? You breed a litter, some make the grade, some don't. There's never been a litter where they are all the best !

Cheers.

well you aint going to be extatic that it never made the grade after you have give it the best you can for 12month or more, thats the only reason you breed isnt it to keep a pup back so of course you would be upset if it didnt make it

Why would it be "awful" ? You breed a litter, some make the grade, some don't. There's never been a litter where they are all the best !

Cheers.

well you aint going to be extatic that it never made the grade after you have give it the best you can for 12month or more, thats the only reason you breed isnt it to keep a pup back so of course you would be upset if it didnt make it

id be devastated :cry:

Even if the pup you keep back didnt make the grade it still has the breeding in it that you breed your bitch for in the 1st place.

So the pup down the line if breed could throw the pup you where looking for in the 1st place.

Are you for f*****g real mate :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

• Like 1

yea why not many a race horse didnt make the grade but give foal till derby winners so why not the breeding is there

i find it more likely that the mare suffered an injury preventing her from being raced and they kept her as a broodmare

which is quite common practice. if a mare simply hadnt made the grade she'd have been sold on or sent to the factory.