retrieve to hand

What I have found about training a dog to retrieve is make it fun and make the dog want to retrieve ...loads of praise ...but when they start playing about stop as the dog has had enough and continue the next day and it will click together

i never did any training with any of my dogs and they all retrieve to hand,i find that they always retrieve thier first catch,excited to show you what they have done,then i work from there.I let them catch thier first and thats it for the night,then i let them carry the rabbit all the way home and praise and feed them.After that they bring every one back! Thats my way and maybe im just lucky. atb with the training bud :thumbs:post-52472-046006200 1286107597_thumb.jpg

ive got a pup about 4 month old and i want to train him to retrieve to hand can anyone give me some advice

thanks

try getting a book called the complete lurcher by plumber, its got a good chapter on retreiving :thumbs:

Or purdeys progress got every thing you need to no.

just what i was going to suggest purdeys progress is a top training dvd can't go wrong with it

atb mike

ive got a pup about 4 month old and i want to train him to retrieve to hand can anyone give me some advice

thanks

A little tip that works for me is, when im training the recall i teach the dog to come right in and touch his nose to the palm of my left hand, that way he has a point of contact that he knows,,so when he retrieves he comes right in ,when you pull your left hand back , instead of just coming in front of you and maybe shying away from your out reaching hand,,best of luck,,