SHEEP WORRYING

well mate i've read all of this thread with people on your case for not giving the dog another chance and others clapping you for doing the right thing but what i want to know is did you really do the right thing and go up and chap the farmers door and let him know that your dog had killed his sheep like the responsible dog man you want us to believe you are or did you keep your mouth shut and slinky off the hills and away leaving the farmer on your prescious permisson wondering what the fecks happened here

• Like 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, what have we learned ???. My first post questioned why you even brought this to the table if (and I think you had) already decided on a course of action. If the dog was an out and out sheep worri

Okay, think Shit Stirer fits the bill better..

You can't keep a dog that kills or worries sheep and expect to work it, it just cant happen. Anyone who has a retired worker knows how hard it is for the dog to see you and another dog going to work a

Posted Images

All these people saying it should of gone to a pet home, shelter etc wake up a dog that has been worked is very unlikely to forget that and some prat who doesn't have a clue is likely to get that dog in trouble :yes: I've just had my terrier given to someone as a pet by the ex (long story :laugh: ). The mong who now has him doens't have a clue the dogs on a harness so he now thinks he's the king of the roost he's gone for cats. The dog is wild how long before something bad happens because of this new owners ignorance??? Yes I'm in the process of getting the dog back I'm reporting him as stolen as he's chipped, but the point is once a worker always a worker and only someone with knowledge should be alowed to rehome such a dog.

Ive seen plenty of x workers rehomed in to pet homes

some of them homes are first time lurcher owners

it dosent make a jot of difference, what does make a difference is the rescue that rehomes the dog

picks the right home, stock worriers have come through rescue and have been rehomed in to the correct home

ie away from any stock, them dogs are happy - well loved and loving life.

My first lurcher is an x worker - i had never owned a lurcher before,

she has killed cats, before she came to me, shes never been stock broken

ive walked her around sheep, ive had her around cats (well shes no choice realy - i own a cat)

she now ignores both and has never been thrashed or beaten - before i got her she had smashed her hip,

and could never be worked again - shes not unhappy at not being worked

she gets unhappy if she dosent get her grub,

but thats about it - at the grand old age of 16 - shes happy to just lounge around

and i have to drag her out of bed in a morning.

If i was you i would see a solicitor, as a chip isnt proof you own the dog,

you just own the chip thats all, you will have to take it to cival court

to try and get the dog back, and then your not garenteed to get it back.

Its just been in the neswpaper about a bloke who had his dog stolen,

the dog is chipped, he's been through the court and lost,

he cant have his dog back - the only way to prove you own a dog is by tatoo.

Milo - just because a dog has killed a sheep - does not mean it will attack a child.

you've been lucky then :thumbs: rehoming a dog to the city dosen't mean it's never going to be in the country and all it takes is that once and if it's done it before it will definately consider it again whether it acts upon it's instict is down to the new owner being in control. An unknowledgable owner would not recognise the signs like we would.

As as far as I was aware the dog was living at the mother in laws house it was rehomed without my permission and considering I had the parents so could provide dna surely that would say something :icon_eek: plus vets statement

I still think that MILO, the OLD SKOOL HUTER OF GREAT HUNTERS should ask himself this..WHY ... THE FECK DIDN'T YOU GIVE THE DOG TO SOMEONE WITH ARABLE FIELDS AROUND THEM WHO WOULDN'T OF USED IT FOR HUNTING, AND HAD HER KEPT AS A PET.. IS A GOOD COUNTRY HOME NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS A QUALITY OF LIFE?? YOU AIN'T GOD ALTHOUGH SOME IDIOTS ON HERE SEEM TO BE TREATING YOU LIKE IT. I must be the WORST hunter and countryman EVER if you set the benchmark... You are so set in your ways that you didn't even give anyone a chance to voice their opinions, or thinking time for yourself.. like you would've even bothered.. You should be banned off the site just through the upset you've caused other DECENT hunters, and the damage to our reputation when certain antis read this thread.. Accept it was your fault, not the dogs.. Don't run it where sheep are, and has everyone missed one HUGE point..YOU TRAINED THE DOG.. Instead of spending all your time listening to your mates blow smoke up your arse on here read a book on hunting and animal care you idiot..

All these people saying it should of gone to a pet home, shelter etc wake up a dog that has been worked is very unlikely to forget that and some prat who doesn't have a clue is likely to get that dog in trouble :yes: I've just had my terrier given to someone as a pet by the ex (long story :laugh: ). The mong who now has him doens't have a clue the dogs on a harness so he now thinks he's the king of the roost he's gone for cats. The dog is wild how long before something bad happens because of this new owners ignorance??? Yes I'm in the process of getting the dog back I'm reporting him as stolen as he's chipped, but the point is once a worker always a worker and only someone with knowledge should be alowed to rehome such a dog.

it dosent make a jot of difference, what does make a difference is the rescue that rehomes the dog

picks the right home, stock worriers have come through rescue and have been rehomed in to the correct home

ive walked her around sheep, ive had her around cats (well shes no choice realy - i own a cat)

she now ignores both and has never been thrashed or beaten - before i got her she had smashed her hip,

but thats about it - at the grand old age of 16 - shes happy to just lounge around

Milo - just because a dog has killed a sheep - does not mean it will attack a child.

you've been lucky then :thumbs: rehoming a dog to the city dosen't mean it's never going to be in the country and all it takes is that once and if it's done it before it will definately consider it again whether it acts upon it's instict is down to the new owner being in control. An unknowledgable owner would not recognise the signs like we would.

As as far as I was aware the dog was living at the mother in laws house it was rehomed without my permission and considering I had the parents so could provide dna surely that would say something :icon_eek: plus vets statement

Yes i have been lucky - even though my lurcher went through a lot of shit in her life

before i got her, shes been a fantastic dog, couldnt want for a better dog tbh,

and i know just because there rehomed to the city dosnet mean they will never be taken in to the country.

But the dogs that have not been sound around stock im on about

are also lucky, in that the rescue has a lurcher man, who will come down

and help the new owner - give advice etc and help them - so far we have never had a known stock worrier

come back or reafended (sp).

I would still see a solicitor.

Yes i have been lucky - even though my lurcher went through a lot of shit in her life

before i got her, shes been a fantastic dog, couldnt want for a better dog tbh,

and i know just because there rehomed to the city dosnet mean they will never be taken in to the country.

But the dogs that have not been sound around stock im on about

are also lucky, in that the rescue has a lurcher man, who will come down

and help the new owner - give advice etc and help them - so far we have never had a known stock worrier

come back or reafended (sp).

I would still see a solicitor.

:thumbs:

I still think that MILO, the OLD SKOOL HUTER OF GREAT HUNTERS should ask himself this..WHY ... THE FECK DIDN'T YOU GIVE THE DOG TO SOMEONE WITH ARABLE FIELDS AROUND THEM WHO WOULDN'T OF USED IT FOR HUNTING, AND HAD HER KEPT AS A PET.. IS A GOOD COUNTRY HOME NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS A QUALITY OF LIFE?? YOU AIN'T GOD ALTHOUGH SOME IDIOTS ON HERE SEEM TO BE TREATING YOU LIKE IT. I must be the WORST hunter and countryman EVER if you set the benchmark... You are so set in your ways that you didn't even give anyone a chance to voice their opinions, or thinking time for yourself.. like you would've even bothered.. You should be banned off the site just through the upset you've caused other DECENT hunters, and the damage to our reputation when certain antis read this thread.. Accept it was your fault, not the dogs.. Don't run it where sheep are, and has everyone missed one HUGE point..YOU TRAINED THE DOG.. Instead of spending all your time listening to your mates blow smoke up your arse on here read a book on hunting and animal care you idiot..

:thumbs:

you say the dog served you well and was good at her job,some are saying its your dog and only you know it,yet you have only had her since jan anyway! Then you turn into god and decide her fate! The bitch was confused and in my opinion obviously not trained well enough by you. YOU trained her,YOU to blame! PTS was wrong! And if that makes me a bad countryman then so be it,shoot me. :feck: :wankerzo4:

I had a not to dissimilar post on here a short time back. We had the dog put to sleep. Most people agreed with us. apart from the guy a bove, who has just put silly faces, must have changed his point of view...

Its a tough tough call, and until your in this situation, you will never know. It makes you feel sick. Earlier i said give the animal another chance.. We did, it didnt work, it may have for you.. who knows. You knew the dog better than anyone, and if you think it had turned that corner of no return, then thiers not much you can do

I dont beleive what someone said earlier, " that you can never be 100% sure with a dog" obviously that person doesnt really trust there training abilitys, or there dogs, and are kidding them selves...

Thanks for some good comments and sujestions...but she is no longer with me,im not going to be worried sick everytime she is out of my sight and either would i be held responsible if she took hold of a ewe when the other lads dogs are with her,thats a selfish thing to do on my behalf, that wont be 1 dog gone but several..we will not take the chance,and she knows damm well the differance between a rabbit/fox/hare and sheep weather its black white or any other colour...and has for work she had seen from jan - march prob 15 16 good kills day and night...like i said thanks for the comments and advice but im not running the risk :thumbs:

milo hey what can i say its a gutting situation but your 100% right they know the difference fare enough a pup out for the first time correct it but like you when i,m out i want to know if my dog goes out of sight i dont need to be worrying weather she is butchering a sheep ,the other thing is electric collars are no good unless you can see the dog you cant zap a dog everytime it goes out of sight which means your dogs on this invisable lead where it cant venture out of sight

LOL HA HA...run her with no sheep about,keep it as a pet..lol give it to a country home you nutts..and you sound like a right fu..bunny hugger to me..we are out to kill foxs not wrap our dogs up in cotten wool and catch the odd rabbit...i wont be responding to any more on this subject has there are a lot of silly twats that aint got a clue about real hunting and they sound very anti to me :bye:

you say the dog served you well and was good at her job,some are saying its your dog and only you know it,yet you have only had her since jan anyway! Then you turn into god and decide her fate! The bitch was confused and in my opinion obviously not trained well enough by you. YOU trained her,YOU to blame! PTS was wrong! And if that makes me a bad countryman then so be it,shoot me. :feck: :wankerzo4:

Lisen up the bitch was bought in beg of january i worked up untill march she prob killed more in them 3 mts then you and half the dick heads off this site seen in a year,and she was not trained by me i just gave her the work, has the guy that had her coulndt give her the work ! and im gutted she had to be put down would you think id put a bitch that takes big stuff down..?

Okay, as everyone in Forum Land picks on me anyway, here's a question to the people who are knocking Milo from behind a PC screen...

Why do you think that Foxhound/Staghound packs/Hunts etc, have puppies, they're often put out to loan to followers of the hunt to have them live in their home (Puppy Walking)and they get used to other dogs/livestock etc, so that when those Hounds started Hunting (or Trailing becouse of the Hunt Ban.. ;) ) They stick to the correct scent and dont bugger off worrying sheep etc...

Now think about it, they're working hounds, they cant go in a pet home if they show an inclination to stock worry..

Now I expect to get slagged off.. Oh happy days in cyber space.. :laugh:

• Like 2