How many people keep running dog in the house

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

inside and on my bed i love the way some of you still blame the misses, when you dont want to look soft

Posted Images

Outside everytime, i never keep them indoors my house is my place and there kennel is there place they wont even come past the door if there loose on the garden they know there not allowed they will stand at the back door but wont pass the thresh ,ive stood in my kitchen and had 9 hounds stood at the back door waiting for me to make a drink and not one would try it lol

jesus i bet your a joy to live with :blink:

outside in the day inside at night :thumbs:

why because i dont want dogs in the house lol its my preference i dont want them in the house i know quite alot of folk wont have them in the house,a house is for people a kennel is for dogs dont know why you find that strange, would you have foxhounds running round in your kitchen?? especialy when they have just come back from a day out or terriers after a day out and my lurchers are rough coated and get wet and filthy after a day or night out its easier to rub them down with towels and put heating on in the kennels and put them in there than dripping over the carpets or jumping on the sofa :thumbs:

my lurchers are always kennelled,its hassle free in my eyes,cant be doing with dogs lounging on the sofa or lying on peoples beds,just not for me im afraid,but hey each to their own not slagging those that let them live the life of luxury indoors but mine are more than comfortable in the kennels i provide for them,and yes they are allowed indoors sometimes,just to laze about on the "floor"if im doing a bit of pottering about and that's it,and on another note,nothing worse than going round a mates that have a house dog in general begging at your feet for every morsel that passes your lips pisses me right off,if mine were lazing in the house and my missus dished up my Sunday roast the dogs would not even lift their heads off the floor,they know their place and that's how i do it,mind you they may well know something about her cooking i don't :hmm::D

why do some people presume that just because your dogs are indoors that they are going to be sprawling all over the sofa :blink: and the dogs get let into the house dripping wi shit an allsorts :icon_eek: i have my bullx and brittany inside at night they are not allowed on any furniture,they dont lick our plates or drink out of our cups and they dont drink out of the toilet because theyre not allowed upstairs and if theyre full o shit they get washed down first,in fact most nights they just lie on the rug in the kitchen,cos theyre too fecked do owt else :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

Outside everytime, i never keep them indoors my house is my place and there kennel is there place they wont even come past the door if there loose on the garden they know there not allowed they will stand at the back door but wont pass the thresh ,ive stood in my kitchen and had 9 hounds stood at the back door waiting for me to make a drink and not one would try it lol

jesus i bet your a joy to live with :blink:

outside in the day inside at night :thumbs:

why because i dont want dogs in the house lol its my preference i dont want them in the house i know quite alot of folk wont have them in the house,a house is for people a kennel is for dogs dont know why you find that strange, would you have foxhounds running round in your kitchen?? especialy when they have just come back from a day out or terriers after a day out and my lurchers are rough coated and get wet and filthy after a day or night out its easier to rub them down with towels and put heating on in the kennels and put them in there than dripping over the carpets or jumping on the sofa :thumbs:

Same here Hedz, i would never let a dog in the house

We have a combination. The dogs have their own room in the house and we have kennels as well. I tend to find some dogs won't settle with the comings and going of us in the house and prefer their own space in the kennel. (literally bouncing about if you go to put the kettle on) Others just won't settle in a kennel and I find it effects their racing which is why they all get the choice.

why do some people presume that just because your dogs are indoors that they are going to be sprawling all over the sofa :blink: and the dogs get let into the house dripping wi shit an allsorts :icon_eek: i have my bullx and brittany inside at night they are not allowed on any furniture,they dont lick our plates or drink out of our cups and they dont drink out of the toilet because theyre not allowed upstairs and if theyre full o shit they get washed down first,in fact most nights they just lie on the rug in the kitchen,cos theyre too fecked do owt else :thumbs:

I just find it easier to rub them down with a towel and put them in a kennel,i couldnt imagine washing my a lurcher at 3 in the morning if its wet and dirty before i let it in the house and i dont care what anyone says a wet dirty dog if not washed properly does not smell good when folk come round if folk want to keep them in the house good for them but its all about personel preference i also dont like pups in the house for the fact they pee and shat no matter how quick they get house trained you still get accidents and i aint to keen on urine and crap on my floors

We pick up our first ever lurcher next weekend (cant wait) He will be very much an indoor dog, as long as He gets on with our 7 year old Bull terrier bitch. We do have an old Bully male that lives out in kennels from our showing days. He seems to prefur it out there in his nice big heated kennel. If we have him in He drives us mad to go back out again.Plus he just wee`s up everything (not nice) He wont be coming in when our puppy turns up though He aint to keen on other males.

So Why do You keep Your dogs out? Do You think it makes for a better working dog? I can only speek from what I know and I will say I think My show dogs performed better when kennel dogs as to couch loungers, they just seemed to be more on there toes and excited, which makes for a much better show dog in the ring.Purely as they stand out more and grab the judges attention.

Justin

we keep ours in house 1 collie whippet 1 whippet pup 1 cairn terrier 1 jrt 1 brave cat lol i would have them in kennel but they love it in house very clean and my kids wont sleep without the dogs saying good night lol ...i had a whippet bitch 2 yr old and a real twat in house or kennel real trouble causer so i got rid..i want a deer hound but little dogs are better in our house hold but i do enjoy them about us all

its only from what iv seen on here generally with the pics put up and what iv seen round mates houses,i know some that keep their dogs indoors and they have rules the same as yourself that's all i meant :thumbs: