My little show pony

I got this bitch a year ago. She wasnt in the best of nick. Its amazing what 12 months of slowly working with a dog does. I have worked very hard with her to get her to do a bit of work. She is doing really well now,thank God and lots of patience and time. The annual Glenn of Imaal sporting show was on in Wicklow sunday gone.There was 40 odd to 50 Glenns there. The bitch got first in the shore work and was the best bitch in show. She was beaten by a cracker of a dog to become reserve best in show. So shes showing and doing a bit of work aswell.So far best of both worlds.

S7303352.jpg

S7303342.jpg

S7303356.jpg

S7303360.jpg

S7303365.jpg

well done ray,, and i did'nt think there were that many glens about, i know you plan on working yours, would you say there were many working dogs there?

To be honest there where some. Most of the people there would be Glenn enthusiasts. It was a KC show.There was lure racing,shore work,weight pulling and obedience. Im trying to get them to do some bite work next year as an event aswell. There was colouring competitions for the kids and raffles.It was a good day out for the family.

well done ray,, and i did'nt think there were that many glens about, i know you plan on working yours, would you say there were many working dogs there?

To be honest there where some. Most of the people there would be Glenn enthusiasts. It was a KC show.There was lure racing,shore work,weight pulling and obedience. Im trying to get them to do some bite work next year as an event aswell. There was colouring competitions for the kids and raffles.It was a good day out for the family.

Really nice pics mate, seems a pretty rare breed. looks like its almost "bluish" on the coat. Were they bred for a specific task or general earth work?

congrats on the win and all the best.

G

Good to see more geting into the glens and to hear there was a good turn out at the show. How many of the 50 or so glens would you reckon where genuine working glens ray? :thumbs:

Nearly everyone there would tell you there Glenns work. There was a couple of genuine people there with different aged Glenns at different stages of there working lifes. My bitch is 3 and has seen little but the times she was out last year she came along grand and is heading in the right dirrections. I hope to get my 2 Glenns well stuck in this season. My dog is a little over 2 so I hope to get him going more now.

well done ray if it goes to your head pack her up and send her over to me ive plenty she could get her teeth into, i can t wait for steve to breed one for me

If its the same Steve I met him last year at the show. He breeds alot of feohanagh lines. I might have spelt feohanagh wrong. Hes a character

Good to see more geting into the glens and to hear there was a good turn out at the show. How many of the 50 or so glens would you reckon where genuine working glens ray? :thumbs:

Nearly everyone there would tell you there Glenns work. There was a couple of genuine people there with different aged Glenns at different stages of there working lifes. My bitch is 3 and has seen little but the times she was out last year she came along grand and is heading in the right dirrections. I hope to get my 2 Glenns well stuck in this season. My dog is a little over 2 so I hope to get him going more now.

Ya i notcied that about the glen folk they tend to call all of them workers. Is there much of the ballyfoyle lines around ? I had a bitch out of those lines she was well able to work.

Ya i notcied that about the glen folk they tend to call all of them workers. Is there much of the ballyfoyle lines around ? I had a bitch out of those lines she was well able to work.

My bitch is out of Ballyfoyle sky blue and the sire is mcgeoghan Bran.A fella in Offaly I know says hes working her brother and he is doing well.