Rabbit Selling

h.22

Our rabbits regularly go to local butchers who buy in ammounts of tens or twentys, always fresh, gutted and skinned for around £2 to £2.50.

I am trying to get this price increased without pissing the butchers off as they sell the rabbits for almost double what they pay me.

I sell to the butchers and it all depends one butchers I sell too gives me £1.50 skinned and gutted, whereas another gives me £3 skinned and gutted.

I want to try and find a pub/restaurant to sell too this year though as I would think they charge a £ or 2 more.

Joe

christ im not doing so well here then, i get £1.50 for a skinned and gutted rabbit but they will only take about a dozen every 3 weeks and i get £1 for a skinned and gutted rabbit from a game dealer but both these buyers will take them frozen :thumbs:

used to sell them years ago for a couple quid each gutted and skinned,would not bother any more cant be arsed with the hassle to be honest by the time iv prepared them they better off in my own freezer,we eat a few and also got dogs and ferrets to feed throughout the summer and to see them charge more than double for what they pay for them bollox il keep em :thumbs:

have never sold them,done some trade or give them to anybody that wants one.a mate used to sell them to a butcher they had only to be gutted so the butcher knew for certain they didnt have myxi as it was everywhere at the time.after a while he asked for them to be skinned bad move .in the end it went tits up when a body was found in the freezer.

have never sold them,done some trade or give them to anybody that wants one.a mate used to sell them to a butcher they had only to be gutted so the butcher knew for certain they didnt have myxi as it was everywhere at the time.after a while he asked for them to be skinned bad move .in the end it went tits up when a body was found in the freezer.

How much was he paying for bodies? :tongue2::tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview