Reflex moderator problem

on the subject of penetrating oil, it dosen't have to be "gunsmith" penetrating oil, my brother has been restoring an old ford 3000, and to be the siezed parts apart, he's been using Plusgas, I have to say it is really very good, I'd have though any quality penetrating oil from an automotive shop would be fine, I can't really see it damaging the blueing....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the subject of penetrating oil, it dosen't have to be "gunsmith" penetrating oil, my brother has been restoring an old ford 3000, and to be the siezed parts apart, he's been using Plusgas, I have to say it is really very good, I'd have though any quality penetrating oil from an automotive shop would be fine, I can't really see it damaging the blueing....

Its been soaking in kroil for 6 days and still wont shift,had it in the vice and tried with filter removing strap which snapped i tried so hard. Looks like it will be going in to be cut off and new screwcut and mod. If I do end up having to have a new mod should I stay with a T8 or what does everyone else use/recomend?

Speak to mike Jackson at jackson rifles [Reflex t8] importers.

You should get a discount on a replacement IF you chose another T8 ! For all the bad press they get, they are still the quietest mod .

Good suggestion that, it's worth a punt. I've only heard T8 and an ASE, the T8 was quieter. Still pissing myself about rust with my T8 but so far so good :)

I was reading a thread on an aviation forum a while back about different solutions for getting things unstuck. Apparently the best solution (tested to give an average force required to crack seized nut free) was a homemade one of 50:50 Automatic Transmission Fluid and Acetone. You can buy both pretty cheap and make up a batch & see what happens. Though I've always used plusgas, but only because I have some that needs using up.

How did we get the mod unstuck on your springer Matt, was it just brute force in the end or heating? I know just about all the lubricants in the house were tested against it and failed.

Speak to mike Jackson at jackson rifles [Reflex t8] importers.

You should get a discount on a replacement IF you chose another T8 ! For all the bad press they get, they are still the quietest mod .

Good suggestion that, it's worth a punt. I've only heard T8 and an ASE, the T8 was quieter. Still pissing myself about rust with my T8 but so far so good :)

Jackson rifles will give him any new moderator he wants against the old T8, 40% discount, doesnt need to be a T8...

I spoke to them yesterday regarding mine, lifetime of 40% discount, as long as you send them the old one back along with a copy of your firearms cert. to show you have a fullbore on the ticket

Edited by murphymax