The Start Of Something Beautiful

Hello guys/ladies

Thanks for all advice and replies i havent done much today due to the fact i went thorpe park for the day to just chill back and have some fun, but i got back about 6ish played the xbox and decided why not cycle to allotments and get a hour or 2 of digging done beore it gets dark. So i did alot of hard work in them 2 hours no joking havent got progress pictures because it was dark by time i packed up lol so tommorow ill eb back down there after work/gym and ill take some progress pictures, but i roughly the patch that was dug in the latest picture this new hole is same depth but just under half of that other hole so awesome progress today hopefully ill be starting my 3rd trench by end of day

The lady is someones local he just comes over and plays with my string and slept next to my bags and played about :D

Also when leaving today i did notice there was many bats about :D looks like wildlife all round here

regards

ben

My neighbour has 2 rotavators he said i can borrow one whenever i want, problem i cant rotavate it until all grass is out cause if i rotavate that cooch grass my life will be made a nightmare i believe

Well i hvnt been up the allotment all weekend due to work and that just to tired, ill be up there tomoz after gym if the weather is nice hopefully

I have just ordered the following:

Allium 'Electric' (Onion) Sets x 50

Allium 'Jermor' (Shallot Onion) Sets x 10 ( ordered 2 sets of these :D )

Allium 'Radar' (Onion) Sets x 50

Allium 'Shenshyu Yellow' (Onion) Sets x 50

Allium sativum 'Germidour' (Garlic) x 3

Allium sativum 'Lautrec Wight' (Garlic) x 1

Allium sativum 'Marco' (Garlic) x 3

Allium sativum 'Thermidrome' (Garlic) x 3

This should keep me more than busy haha so whilst im waiting for them to arrive in stock and be delivered ill be tending to the 2 holes ive dug

1. Sieving nice fine soil back into the holes with the weeds/grass seperated at the same time

2. Adding chicken manure pellets to the soil i added back

3. Add compost to the soil and chicken manure

4. Due to no wood atm ill be attaching weed surpression sheets the the walls of my holes to keep weeds and bay

So once they all arrive they'll be ready to plant, i also may go get some cheap netting and grab 4 posts and cover both holes with netting to protect from birds/animals until that blossom :D

Anyone got any other suggestions to what i could grow? i know broad beans, but ive been reading you can plant spuds but they have to be indoors correct? if so no spuds for me ill have to wait for next spring or something

thx

regards

ben

You may still get winter veg plants its getting late but kale should be ok and go through the winter also purple brocolli stands the frost well as long at its netted be ready next spring.

Its also about time to take fruit cuttings get round the other lotty members and ask if you can cut some of their currants and gooseberrys just cut about a foot piece and plant in the ground by next year they will have rooted atb.