Some twats!

When is it LEGAL for a farmer/landowner/keeper to shoot a lurcher? Im asking cos i was walking the dogs a few weeks ago and was told to bugger off by some jobsworth saying i was on private property bla bla. The following week im in the same area (not the same bit of land) and the same jobsworth comes up and again tells me to bugger off bla bla. He told me they have a serious problem with dogs chasing deer in the area and he has applied for a licence from defra to shoot any dogs he catches chasing deer. He went on to explain that he will need to take a photograph first as evedence the dog was chasing deer but afterwards he would be able to shoot it.

I went on to explain to him that i was just walking my dogs and there was no need for such threats but he should consider the consequenses for himself and his family if he were to shoot the wrong persons dog!

Anyway, what i am asking is IS it legal and licencable for someone to shoot your dog or was he talking shit? As far as i know its only legal to shoot a dog if its worrying sheep but not deer.

PS: I am not looking for a load of drivel about what you would do if someone shot your dog, just a definate answer as to if its legal or not please?

the answer is a BIG NO, only if your dog is attacking sheep or other stock . And your dog dose not have to be on a lead, as long as its under control they carnt say feck all FACT. Tell him to feck off. and if he did tell him , he would find it hard to pull a trigger, with brocken hands :yes:

sheep killer lol

P1010006-4.jpg

P1010004-8.jpg

what you or the dog just seen the big grisly saw in the pic lamb for tea lol

like you said big no

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do what we did.when a keeper shot our dog. Find out where he drinks get a few mates and tip his truck on its top and when he comes out kick the f**k out of him

Grayham thats what i thought mate, Big bald dont worry, its all in hand! Lol! And bird, again thats what i thought. Cheers peeps.

kill all the deer , guys a f*****g prick

Posted Images

id burn there foooking farm down and shoot there cows :gunsmilie::censored:

Of course you would..... :showoff:

listen here lad you want to be scared, i do 10 press ups and 10 sit ups every night

Thats alot more than me for sure :notworthy: .............i just sit up in the morning and sit down at night!

id burn there foooking farm down and shoot there cows :gunsmilie::censored:

Of course you would..... :showoff:

listen here lad you want to be scared, i do 10 press ups and 10 sit ups every night

Poor time to work out. First thing in morning, get some breakfast leave it to settle 40mins then do your sit/press ups.

I'd at least aim for 200sit 100press then you would be Really Scary!

we kept horses on a farm years ago and i used to help the farmer all the time, 50 (full grown) lambs and 8 ewes killed by 2 lurchers and a gsd in 1 nite meant that any dog even seen in the feilds got shot, 2 rottys from stables near by were seen in the feild near sheep and were shot in there own yard later, the owner was'nt happy but fook him,

i know its a different case lamping with a dog under control but just giving the other side of the arguement

Posted Today, 11:17 AM

danw, on 31 August 2010 - 09:20 PM, said:

Not wanting to start something but if most of the lads on here can't get permission how the feck do they stockbreak their dogs?

some of the numptys dont , then end up with dead sheep fooks up chance for landing some permission no wonder its so hard get permission

i had this problem with my bull cross, permission is miles away and didnt want to drive down all time to stockbreak him. near us theres loads of little nature reserves on edge of town manged by wildlife trust, they use hebridean sheep and highland coos and such as they graze selectively better for nature conservation and can take wetter environments etc. theres loads of these all over the country, use them to your advantage!

If the stalking is rented out i.e. paid for and you are on private land then he is perfectly within his rights to shoot dogs if they are chasing his deer.

Even if the deer are not farmed,they are on his land and you don't have permission.Like someone said once he has pulled the trigger you aren't getting your dog back so he has won.

They are not livestock and he has no right to shoot a dog chasing them. It doesn't matter whether there is paid shooting or not.