scabs on backs.

Ive got 4 ferrets. Two hobs and two jills. One of the hobs is castrated and the other is about 16/17 week old. The two jills are also 16/17 weeks old. 

They all play fine together and sleep together. But this morning i have been checking them for ticks and stuff. But i have found that the hob kit and one of the jills have both got scabs on their backs. 

I understand this is probably of them playing too rough. Is there anyway i can stop them from playing so rough?

Thanks, Adam.

yes they could be playing, but more likely that the un castrated hob is shagging the others (yes,boys as well) the only way to solve it, is to seperate the intact one

But, the 'intact one' is too young isn't he? and his nicknacks haven't dropped yet so he wouldn't have the urge? Im just asking, im not sure myself. 

Also, just want to throw in there that the 'intact one' also has scabs on his back.

yes they could be playing, but more likely that the un castrated hob is shagging the others (yes,boys as well) the only way to solve it, is to seperate the intact one

But, the 'intact one' is too young isn't he? and his nicknacks haven't dropped yet so he wouldn't have the urge? Im just asking, im not sure myself. 

Also, just want to throw in there that the 'intact one' also has scabs on his back.

sounds like your ferrets are scratching there way past the ferret in front as if in a tunnel,do you have tunnels that one ferret is taking food into and the one behind is trying to get it. p1

They are sorting out the pecking order, its quite normal and may get worse until its established, as Kay said bathe area or apply a bit of sudocrem to keep it clean.

The young hob will need seperating when he comes into season or get him done at about 6 months.

might be an idea to sit and watch them for a few hours, just to see if they get upto anything, I have four castrated hobs, yet one still mates with jills in season, he deffo aint got no balls, so should'ent have the urge, yet he still does,