Hiya, I've got a CZ Silhouette, bolt action and a lovely gun in every respect and extremley accurate...my mate has a Ruger 10/22, lovely bit of kit,tho, I've been told the semi's arent as accurate... but one thing I dont like is the hollow stock....I know it keeps the weight down...but it does make me think...cheap end...:)

My shooting buddy has an old Mauser Semi, and is getting rid, it's not nearly as accurate as the CZ....the grouping isnt a patch either on the 10/22...

You'll get loads of replies, best thing is try and get out with guys who own different types of guns..:)

Thats what I did, and settled on the CZ bolt action..

Where in the world are you, mibbes (depending where you are) you could try our guns out, see what you think..:)

Good luck

Edited by Alienone

The Ruger 10/22 I have is one of the 'Delux' ones witha floated barrel, its probably not 100% as accurate as my old cz but theres so little in it you wouldnt notice, plus for bunny bashing its more than good enough, and you can get loads of part if you want anything and they are cheap as chips.

I would also recomend buying second hand for a rimmy, there is not a great deal of point in buying brand new as they dont wear out the barrels etc like a centre fire.

I bought my CZ new and the Ruger second hand.

I got a cracking deal on the ruger, it came in perfect nick now wear marks, rubs or scratches or anything, with a Parker Hales silencer, a sling (not my cup of tea & dont use it) 2 metal lipped 25 round butler creek mags, 1 new standard 10 round mag, and a very good nick Bushnell elite 3200 scope in 3-9 x 50. and I paid £370 for the whole lot. New the guns over £400 quid alone and the scopes about £300.

And dont believe the horror stories I only run winchester subs through it. I might get one jam in 100 rounds fired, yes I clean it after every couple of outings but I'm not anal about it. and for lamping from a truck or walking you can stick a 25 round mag in it and forget about fiddling around with little 10 round clips for a while.

All of the guys I shoot with had Anshutz .22 for bunnying and they are now all shopping them in for Rugers.

The only thing to beware of is you will end up using loads of ammo!

This is just my oppinion and experience. Good luck, whatever you end up buying you will love it!

ATB

Jonno