itallion greyhound

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so does that beddy you have on your avatar but who cares!

Posted Images

I have known a couple of kc "SHOWERS"Say they have had italian greyhounds,breaking legs jumping of the sofa,or running into the hoover. :icon_eek:

I reckon whilst breeding would have a huge effect on making them too fragile, show owners also seem to keep the animals penned up in a house all the time, in case it gets dirty or scratched, then the thing goes mental and sprints into the hoover

Thats true too.Alot of showers keep many dogs,kept in travel crates.Whippets are not alowed to run as if they muscle up, it effects the way they move in the show ring,they are not allowed to get muddy as this ruins there coats. :thumbdown:

Guest little lurcher

for me the italian has a special something about it , i do kc show , however im very disillisioned now, im proud my dogs are able to run and jump freely ,also they are fed a semi raw diet so have execellent teeth both from nutrition and good breeding , they enjoy good free running without the risk of silly breaks, and also are very good on recall , some people find this very hard to gain ? i wanted an italian for over 30 years and some days yes i wish id waited another 30 yrs , but yes im glad i have them , and proud to have them in fact !!!

they are not a breed for everyone , the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing

italian greyhounds are the oldest sighthound breed known , however in modern day the breed is far too fragile and has too many health issues to seriously use in breeding or as working dogs

however i have a bitch here almost full italian and she is fantastic , marks fab , like shite of a shovel , when she has hold she will not let go til she gets it to you !!! very determined !!! she sadly lost a leg due to a injury from a year previous but still ferrets and will be out again this season , she loves having 3 legs as she can get further down the holes lol !!! brillaint little ratter too !!

i show my purebred dog and bitch ,and i have a puppy coming out this winter. my adult male stands 16 inches , my bitch is only 13 1/2 inch and fine boned but both are very muscled , he is from swedish lines , and on the continent they do race italians, she is english through and through , i will post some pics and you will see the differnece between the non pure and the 2 full italians and then the pup

anyone thinking of getting a puppy should seriously speak to those that have them and breed clubs and vets , then decide, i love them but they are a bit like marmite , you love them or hate them ?

What is she crossed with dare i ask?

Guest little lurcher

her mother is 3/4 whippet 1/8 beddy 1/8 , her father is a pure italian , (shown in the previous thread in show mode and in a brass edged collar waiting at lure coursing ) he scaled a 6 ft fence to get to my bitch !! i hasten to add i was NOT bloody happy at the mating as the bitch had qualfied for various events and ive been waiting for a certain beddy sire i wanted to use !!