itallion greyhound

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so does that beddy you have on your avatar but who cares!

Posted Images

Guest little lurcher

italian greyhounds are the oldest sighthound breed known , however in modern day the breed is far too fragile and has too many health issues to seriously use in breeding or as working dogs

however i have a bitch here almost full italian and she is fantastic , marks fab , like shite of a shovel , when she has hold she will not let go til she gets it to you !!! very determined !!! she sadly lost a leg due to a injury from a year previous but still ferrets and will be out again this season , she loves having 3 legs as she can get further down the holes lol !!! brillaint little ratter too !!

i show my purebred dog and bitch ,and i have a puppy coming out this winter. my adult male stands 16 inches , my bitch is only 13 1/2 inch and fine boned but both are very muscled , he is from swedish lines , and on the continent they do race italians, she is english through and through , i will post some pics and you will see the differnece between the non pure and the 2 full italians and then the pup

anyone thinking of getting a puppy should seriously speak to those that have them and breed clubs and vets , then decide, i love them but they are a bit like marmite , you love them or hate them ?

italian greyhounds are the oldest sighthound breed known , however in modern day the breed is far too fragile and has too many health issues to seriously use in breeding or as working dogs

I always though Saluki or sloughi were the oldest sighthound and.....

paintings from ancient Egyptian tombs from around 3000 B.C. depict a dog bearing a striking resemblance to the Ibizan hound, so they are fairly old too.

Where is it written that the italian greyhound are the oldest?

Im not having a go, just wondering how do you've worked that out?

theyre not worth a toss,unless the ground you work as a surface like old trafford and no obstacles,jesus i can imagine taking one o them lamping,it would break its neck jumping out the fecking van :thumbs:

Why? whippets don't, greyhounds don't (always :D )

Its all relative mate, Little light dogs only needs little light frames

I accept they would only be able to do rabbits.

But if there was a decent working strain going id try one

Imagine how a tiny dog of that size would be able to turn.

Lots of lads on here sport massive bull crosses when all we can legally hunt is rabbits and rats. ;)

Sledge hammer and brass tacks spring to mind.

Im not knocking anyone its just my opinion.