Whippets (update pups now 11 months)

Cheers they have turned out very well it was my first litter of whippets and we hoped it would be somewhere to build from and so far it is looking better than we could have expected will be using the sonny to one of my other bitch's in 2012 once he has had the chance to show his potentual on the track. The dam has been lay up for most of the summer with an injury but she is holding up now so will get some photo's of her out working over the next few weeks iv only been doing road work with her to get her fit again and harden her back of here is her at the start of the year

post-40941-061295200 1282559029_thumb.jpg

I would never be without a dog around the house paraded greyhounds when i was a kid and had whippets from my pre school days have taken all sorts with mine on all sorts of terrain and tbh never had much bother have had one bitch who was plagued with injury but your always going to get one i mostly work mine with ferrets nowadays or on the lamp but was running them at a local club last year just due to an injury and my hours i aint raced this year you wouldnt go far wrong with a whippet. Unless your looking for an open class dog i wouldnt worry so much as to the breeding or lines i have yet to see a whippet that wont take a rabbit and i have had them from all backgrounds of all age's .

They will have a hard job considering none of them will be bred for a few years and my next litter wont be sold i also dont have any stud dogs its upto the pups owners whether they stud there dogs nout to do with me im just happy with how they have turned out. When will your bitch be due to the dog in your pik ? if i were after a bullx pup thats the sort of dog i would be looking for a litter to be sired by.

kris

The black bitch is kept by a lady in a cottage who specificaly wanted her for keeping rabbits of her veg and foxes out her chickens and she has done so she was never into showing or racing but the owner of the stud has encouraged her to and now she loves it as did lilly as for the others 1 is in a pet home with a single mother who has a death boy he never leaves the lads side the bitch i kept is also now in a pet home as she had a very bad injury i decided i couldnt work or race her so rehomed her there were 3 black dogs all are being used for ferreting and the other blue dog is owned by a member on here unsure of his name on here but as far as i am aware he bought him to work the blue dog above is working on the lamp and piks up rabbits regularly through the day along with the sire and his brother although his owner hasnt ferreted.

kris

Guest fence_hopper

so there just whippets then nothing more nothing less. the way you where going on in the beginning i thought you had created a super whippet, i nearly had my name down to buy the whole of your next litter :thumbs:

so there just whippets then nothing more nothing less. the way you where going on in the beginning i thought you had created a super whippet, i nearly had my name down to buy the whole of your next litter :thumbs:

Your just a wind up merchant.... I know your type.... :wacko:

A whippet is a whippet in my opinion any whippet will work. I said when i bred this litter i would keep updating there progress and keep in touch with there owners so thats all im doing. Once they are running against some decent class racing whippets we shall see what they are realy made of. You just need to know how to take fence hopper he has some handy dogs and unlike alot of people he does test them to there full ability. To answer his question yes they are just whippets but if i wanted anything more i wouldnt just keep whippets i have had many lurchers but none has realy earned its place in my kennel.

kris