A laughable mornings rabbiting

Well what a morning i've had with the sapling lurcher (spider) and an old Jill ferret.

I got out early this morning planning to show spider the ropes and hopefully bolt a few rabbits for her.

It started badly, I was trying to be as quiet as possible as i turned into the pup carpark.

Being a little bleery eyed (thanks Fosters) i didnt notice the a pile of tarmac and promptly drove over it making an almight thud and scuffing sound under the motor.

Not cool!

I got Spider out and she has a habit of getting right under my feet and as I swung the ferret box on to my shoulder I tripped over the dog.

I was on my arse and the dog let out a piercing howl.

Not cool but no harm done.

At the first bury I bolted 2 into the nets

Because the ground is so dry i could hardly get the net pegs in as a result the third rabbit a large doe,

Pulled the net got half untangled and ran off screaming with the net in tow!

The noise freaked spider out she ran after the rabbit but made no attempt to hold it.

It was like a carry on film.

I was coursing the rabbit like a good 'un, I caught it in the end when the peg got caught in some brambles.

Not cool.

On to the second bury, I netted up the nice 3 holer.

Dropped in the jill and instantly a good sized rabbit hit the net....

Spider went in but failed to grab it, it got free and went back under.

I was cursing because as we know it wont bolt as easy again, but straight away another bolted from an unnetted bolt hole and was away up the field.

Spider did her best and piled the pressure on but the bunny made the fence....

Not cool, but a worthy attempt from one so young.

By now dog walkers had started using the footpaths so i called it a draw.

3 nice rabbits and a more clued up pup...

COOL.

ATB Daveo.

Well what a morning i've had with the sapling lurcher (spider) and an old Jill ferret.

I got out early this morning planning to show spider the ropes and hopefully bolt a few rabbits for her.

It started badly, I was trying to be as quiet as possible as i turned into the pup carpark.

Being a little bleery eyed (thanks Fosters) i didnt notice the a pile of tarmac and promptly drove over it making an almight thud and scuffing sound under the motor.

Not cool!

I got Spider out and she has a habit of getting right under my feet and as I swung the ferret box on to my shoulder I tripped over the dog.

Because the ground is so dry i could hardly get the net pegs in as a result the third rabbit a large doe,

The noise freaked spider out she ran after the rabbit but made no attempt to hold it.

I was coursing the rabbit like a good 'un, I caught it in the end when the peg got caught in some brambles.

Not cool.

I was cursing because as we know it wont bolt as easy again, but straight away another bolted from an unnetted bolt hole and was away up the field.

COOL.

ATB Daveo.

You don't half paint a picture wi' words :laugh: Great write up, mate !

Are you sure u should hav been drivin haha.. Don't sound like I if your bumpng up big mounds of Tarmac haha.. V.funny, atb bud!

Im almost certain i should!!!!!!!

In fairness it wont THAT big, honest :icon_eek:

Im glad iv got more patience with pups nowadays,

A few years ago i would have stormed off home mad with the dog,

Now it goes over my head, you've got to laugh.

Are you sure u should hav been drivin haha.. Don't sound like I if your bumpng up big mounds of Tarmac haha.. V.funny, atb bud!

Im almost certain i should!!!!!!!

In fairness it wont THAT big, honest :icon_eek:

Im glad iv got more patience with pups nowadays,

A few years ago i would have stormed off home mad with the dog,

Now it goes over my head, you've got to laugh.

ye same here i've been out of the game a few years but just taken on a puppy and a young bitch of 10 months and i have also got loads more patience with them nowdays, i guess it the age thing

I think having my two daughters did it for me, If you can cope in a house full of women running a pup on is nothing :D

At one time i was abit quick with the fists too, thats settled down now :angel:

Not cool!

Not cool.

COOL.

ATB Daveo.

well done mate a great little thread nice mornings

ferritin that will be one to make you laugh for a while.

and patience is a virtue