ferret diet

can i ask why people feed both ,meat and dry??? shurly theres no need for dry to be down all day, just feed carcass at night take it out in the morning, no need for extra all day :thumbs:

well i dont feed them till late on at night.also its just something ive always done.works for my charges.not knocking anyone who doesnt.

mines get meat every day ie rabbits,chicken,turkey legs pheasants woodies,but there is always chudleys dry available 24/7 have fed them this way for years and all my poleys are in great condition.

they will be, they eat meat...

lol yea ok point taken smart ass. :thumbs:

Same here meat feed at night move the remains in the morning i get a few maggots in my bin but the ferrets hutch's are pretty clear .And being a tight scotsman i can get the rabbits ect free by going out and see the price of the dry grub.

I heard down south there on £2 a rabbit and every rabbit goes to the gamedealer and they only fed dry to there ferrets ?

Also i got four kits that where fed on dry when i first got them and i was putting in dry grub at night with the rabbit and they left the dry and ate the rabbit??

hello again all ye wild hunting ladies an gents ,thanks for the welcome an all yr tips ,im just mixin the diet but mainly fresh meats of all description their doin well the wee blighters nice shiney coats an gettin helluva frendly wi me .but i got a big prob the cheeky wan of the 2 has escaped from the cage which is near the open window i live 1 up in a flat hope shes not dreeped down to garden its bn 4 hrs since i noticed shes missin just hope shes kipped up somewere in a cupboard or so im pissed off wi maself for not checking cage corners for slack lets hope she turns up :( ill keep ya posted ,happydaze 2 all ;)

Like I said, my first choice for an indoor ferret would be dry, it stinks less when they dump, and it does'nt take much scat to stink your house out, but if your going to work them, put them outside to develop a better coat on them, meat is better as it does'nt dehydrate your ferrets as much as dry ;)

To be honest i found the amount of waste they produced was double when feeding dry food .. what they produce given an all meat diet isn't particularly dry or loose looking .. but there's a lot less of it compared to what they were shifting when fed all dry food :thumbs:

i found this aswell :thumbs:

ok am gonna stick them out in the veranda ,an ill buy a bag of cement to mix in with their eats ,should get them shiteing wee bricks then i can open up a wee builders yerd ahaaaaaahaaaaaaaa ok cats coll to b conversing an learning wi yous ,may the shotgun pellet miss yr arse :D

Guest alastair

Same here meat feed at night move the remains in the morning i get a few maggots in my bin but the ferrets hutch's are pretty clear .And being a tight scotsman i can get the rabbits ect free by going out and see the price of the dry grub.

I heard down south there on £2 a rabbit and every rabbit goes to the gamedealer and they only fed dry to there ferrets ?

Also i got four kits that where fed on dry when i first got them and i was putting in dry grub at night with the rabbit and they left the dry and ate the rabbit??

i wish it was 2pound a rabbit,u be lucky to get 1pound gutted ,why would we feed dry when a ferret owner can harvest its own food for free.all mine and many mates are all on rabbit.