ferret diet

i just started them on dry food called ...ferret nuggets,complete food... so ill give it a try an see how things go .cheers :thumbs:

sh*t that stuff mate IMO... goes straight through them... my ferrets go very skinny in the summer if i feed them that stuff. just give them meat which is what they need and want.. lol ATb JON

i just started them on dry food called ...ferret nuggets,complete food... so ill give it a try an see how things go .cheers :thumbs:

If thats the pets at home brand its :thumbdown: Vitalin is the best dry ferret food available, and raw meat on a night..

just remove and meat leftovers in the morning ( and plenty of fresh water if feeding dry food ) :thumbs:

To be honest i found the amount of waste they produced was double when feeding dry food .. what they produce given an all meat diet isn't particularly dry or loose looking .. but there's a lot less of it compared to what they were shifting when fed all dry food :thumbs:

Aye

Welcome to the forum bud.

I feed Chudleys dry and a fair bit of rabbit. The shit on the dry food is fairly stiff but lets face it all ferret shit is horrble smelly stuff (bit like my own ) lol. Have had ferrets that turn their nose up at rabbit when there is dry food available but agree with the above, use a decent brand, Vitalin, James Welbeloved or my preference Chudleys.

ATB

Hiya pal, and welcome, are these going to be working ferrets, or pets? Working ferrets need meat... they are a meat eating animal, its there diet... gives them strength. You work a dry food ferret and a meat fed ferret and you'll see the difference in just a few hours, Its like a duracel battery!

mines get meat every day ie rabbits,chicken,turkey legs pheasants woodies,but there is always chudleys dry available 24/7 have fed them this way for years and all my poleys are in great condition.

Edited by scothunter