Harsh price increase

We always keep a good supply of james wellbeloved dry ferret food in expecially in the hot weather due to the flies etc on fur and feather

went to ESK which is like a pet food super store where we normaly buy a 20 kilo bag of the above ferret food as its cheaper to buy in bulk last bag we bought was £33 this time it

had gone up to £45 a sack has anybody else noticed a big price increase difference in the cost of dry food ?

Changed over and got some chuddleys dry ferret food instead mind now the weather has started to cool off a bit we are feeding a lot more fur and feather from the freezer again

We always keep a good supply of james wellbeloved dry ferret food in expecially in the hot weather due to the flies etc on fur and feather

went to ESK which is like a pet food super store where we normaly buy a 20 kilo bag of the above ferret food as its cheaper to buy in bulk last bag we bought was £33 this time it

had gone up to £45 a sack has anybody else noticed a big price increase difference in the cost of dry food ?

Changed over and got some chuddleys dry ferret food instead mind now the weather has started to cool off a bit we are feeding a lot more fur and feather from the freezer again

Alpha is about £15 for 15KG.

HTH. Cheers, D.

HTH. Cheers, D.

do alpha do 15kg bags ive only seen 10kg bags and their 14.50 up here

HTH. Cheers, D.

do alpha do 15kg bags ive only seen 10kg bags and their 14.50 up here

Yes mate, sorry your right. Just checked and it is 10kg.

Cheers, D.

have u tried jollys in hailsham might b cheaper mate

i used to pay 24quid for a 15kg of chudleys,recetly found a new source for 20quid.big business the pet food game like.makes you wonder how much a profit they make on a bag

I used to sell pet food wholesale 25 years ago. It was cut throat then, and mates still in the game say it ain't changed any now. The biggest problem was new traders undercutting all the time.... they would generally be out of business in umder a year, but in the process would make life impossible for long term traders. I gave up in the end, i was turning over close to half a million quid a year, but earning around 40 quid a week.

That doesn't surprise me Bert - all retail seems that way now. Very small margins and ever increasing overheads and the whole world wants what you've got for as near to free as they can get it - I'm no different when I'm doing the buying. A little while back I was looking into opening a shop - came to the conclusion that the only way to make money with a shop was to be renting it to someone else.

That doesn't surprise me Bert - all retail seems that way now. Very small margins and ever increasing overheads and the whole world wants what you've got for as near to free as they can get it - I'm no different when I'm doing the buying. A little while back I was looking into opening a shop - came to the conclusion that the only way to make money with a shop was to be renting it to someone else.

I think in this economic climate you did the right thing in walking away.