record hares in 1 day

colonel believe me the dogs i mentioned caught big numbers reguarly in mid winter when hares were at their strongest myself and plenty otheres saw it and in fact a few members on here as well and all these hares were given a fair start with no easy slips the club we run in would not allow it. just because someone hasnt seen it done doesnt mean it doesnt happen when theres good dogs involved .

good point,sensible reply. my point is how long are each of these courses? they can't all be 3-4 min runs, in my view, shorter the run, poorer the hare! p.s. my dog has only caught 3's due to lack of hares where he runs most of season, he is still only 22 mths. old, this season will be the better guide to how good he is!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

your OBVIOUSLY no expert!

o.k. last year,on permission, in lincoln my dog killed a hare in about 30-40 secs. when i looked at it i found one of it's eyes was cloudy, partially blind i would think.surely i'm not alone in having

saw the video of your dog, fu~~~~g creased me up :laugh: won't waste my time if that piece of shit is what you intend to run.

if bull crosses were anygood all coursin men would have them what line of coursing dog has bull in them these days?

rambo had bull blood

dont try and tell a farmer how to milk a cow........rambo couldn't handle the fens!

See page 6

mcullochs rambo isn't the dog we were talking about inan irish bobs rambo had bull in him and was a good dog 'round leeds and yorkshire' but couldn't handle fens see page 2 bellend

colonel believe me the dogs i mentioned caught big numbers reguarly in mid winter when hares were at their strongest myself and plenty otheres saw it and in fact a few members on here as well and all these hares were given a fair start with no easy slips the club we run in would not allow it. just because someone hasnt seen it done doesnt mean it doesnt happen when theres good dogs involved .

good point,sensible reply. my point is how long are each of these courses? they can't all be 3-4 min runs, in my view, shorter the run, poorer the hare! p.s. my dog has only caught 3's due to lack of hares where he runs most of season, he is still only 22 mths. old, this season will be the better guide to how good he is!

Shorter the run poorer the hare, you for real!!!! :blink: Longer the run poorer the dog in my view....

your OBVIOUSLY no expert! :no:

• Like 3

Shorter the run poorer the hare, you for real!!!! :blink: Longer the run poorer the dog in my view....

And I take it from that answer you reckon you are........ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: So, lets take it you are an expert as you like to think you are..... You think if a dog makes a kill under 4 minutes it wasn't a good hare, is that what your expert opinion leads you to believe??? HAW HAW HAW :rofl::rofl::rofl: :stinker:

you enjoying your school holidays sonny? :whistling:

• Like 1

And I take it from that answer you reckon you are........ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: So, lets take it you are an expert as you like to think you are..... You think if a dog makes a kill under 4 minutes it wasn't a good hare, is that what your expert opinion leads you to believe??? HAW HAW HAW :rofl::rofl::rofl: :stinker:

you enjoying your school holidays sonny? :whistling:

Poor retort...... You stated that if a dog took a hare under 4 minutes in your professional (ahem) view, it was a poor hare.... Is that not what you said? Look, if you've made an arse of yourself I'll give you a get out clause, all you need to do is not answer the question, ok? :thumbs:

where did i say that?

Errrrr you said this..........my point is how long are each of these courses? they can't all be 3-4 min runs, in my view, shorter the run, poorer the hare!

Can you explain what you meant from this statement then if you think I have read it wrong....

o.k. last year,on permission, in lincoln my dog killed a hare in about 30-40 secs. when i looked at it i found one of it's eyes was cloudy, partially blind i would think.surely i'm not alone in having caught one like this? saw a dvd of captain killing 5 or six on the trot. saw another dvd where captain was in match with boozers dog, boozer killed 2, captain only one think they ran about five or six each that day,how do you explain that??? better hares is my guess!

• Like 3

i will just say this then iam of this thread....there isnt many dogs that will do 6 good hares .infact there as rare as hens teeth ...you always get a weak or green or yearling ...whatever ...then theres hares that are or can be uncatchable no matter how good your dog is ....then theres the ground to take into consideration...on the day is it in your dogs favour or the hares...plough leafy ....bottomless wet ...ect ect ....may i also state that

when i had six out of six i never said they where all good hares ...ive had better days when ive caught 3.s and fours..better runs..but all the same it was another day and a day to remeber which i enjoyed ..but any dog thats doing 3.s and 4.s regular is a good dog..and we all have bad days ...enjoy your hunting and enjoy your day no matter where your running them ..numbers can fook a good day out ...enjoy the run ......

• Like 1

i will just say this then iam of this thread....there isnt many dogs that will do 6 good hares .infact there as rare as hens teeth ...you always get a weak or green or yearling ...whatever ...then theres hares that are or can be uncatchable no matter how good your dog is ....then theres the ground to take into consideration...on the day is it in your dogs favour or the hares...plough leafy ....bottomless wet ...ect ect ....may i also state that

when i had six out of six i never said they where all good hares ...ive had better days when ive caught 3.s and fours..better runs..but all the same it was another day and a day to remeber which i enjoyed ..but any dog thats doing 3.s and 4.s regular is a good dog..and we all have bad days ...enjoy your hunting and enjoy your day no matter where your running them ..numbers can fook a good day out ...enjoy the run ......

there speaks a man with a proven record of top class dogs, i would consider him as a so called expert! told you they are on here!!!

you backtracking or what?

Ain't that the truth...... :notworthy:

I would love to beable to give my dog the chance to get 3 day time runs!! i have cought 2 in 1 day but its rare 2 get the chance to get 2 proper runs on them round my way to many hedgerows and fences around..think a trip to the fens is callin!