Plummers as good as any??!!

Rabbit catcher I don't understand your reply :hmm:

I guess he doesn't think much of Austin :unsure:

Quotes from the Urban Dictionary

1. bawbag

Glasgow, Scotland origin, derogitary name given to one who is annoying, useless or just plain stupid.

Literally "ball bag": scrotum (derogatory) an arse hole or wanker/ not a good person

"get tae f**k ya bawbag"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbit catcher I don't understand your reply :hmm:

moorman your pic shows a bit of effort has gone in to getting the fox and the man and dogs look worked :D

bacically it looks like a good honest post. although the story of the dig would enhance the post. :clapper:

would like to see more like it :drink: it is in direct contrast to the other post i would guess. good hunting.

Quotes from the Urban Dictionary

1. bawbag

Glasgow, Scotland origin, derogitary name given to one who is annoying, useless or just plain stupid.

Literally "ball bag": scrotum (derogatory) an arse hole or wanker/ not a good person

"get tae f**k ya bawbag"

:D I prefer BawSack I think its got more of a ring to it :D

(not directed at anyone on this thread or anyone in particular :icon_redface: )

Rabbit catcher I think the pic tells the story and I can assure you that it is a genuine post.I will tell my mate that you said he looks well worked lol.

To be honest I don't like to post too much about our goings on,I just think it pays to keep a bit conservative,we have nothing to prove to anyone.

I'm just saying that all the Plummers that have been local to me and some not so local,that I have seen work have all made very good earth dogs on fox.I don't want to be involved in any of the pathetic slanging matches about Plummers or Hancock dogs.Years ago people were slagging off Plummer terriers and Hancock dogs,so I went out and bought a Plummer and a Hancock dog and they both made outstanding fox dogs.I think a lot of it is who has them and what they show them.

just an old one before the banDSCF0516.jpg

Never seen one work know a few that are superb ratters .Only comment Ive got is the last pic of the dog on the right.The amount of blood on its muzzle and the rest of its body is clean not a smudge on its legs etc.Iknow if one of mine has that amount on its muzzle its usually plastered all over various parts of its body ..No inference intended just my thoughts .I know feck all anyway

Never seen one work know a few that are superb ratters .Only comment Ive got is the last pic of the dog on the right.The amount of blood on its muzzle and the rest of its body is clean not a smudge on its legs etc.Iknow if one of mine has that amount on its muzzle its usually plastered all over various parts of its body ..No inference intended just my thoughts .I know feck all anyway

can see what your getting at mate .think the the blood on dogs face is exagerratted by the flash on the camera as by the time we got this critter out it was well dark.not saying she is the best fox dog in the world as in my opinion she used to take to much hammer .mind you she is the best plummer ive owned as she is the only one that will all always have a kennel on my yard .my first plummer and ive had others and she is now my only and the last plummer i will own.There is the odd few ot there that take to earth work but inot many :no:

I work fell terriers now and they work well for me .only thing with the plummers and as with the comments made by yourself and i know its only your opinion and u are entitled to that mate :) and yes there is more sh.t than good just a real shame that there are still knockers doubting the minority of plummers that do or have worked fox .as ive said she was my only plummer terrier that worked her fox but like em or not she did her job as a TERRIER SHOULD. :drink:

I pm'd Shamo and offerd to show him my mates old bitch work but he has declined the offer.I hope that you don't mind me posting this Shamo,I'm not putting it up to stir you up just to put the record straight in defence of the good Plummers that I have seen to ground.

a dog had to work a big fellar to get a result same dog would kill a fox.if a terrier tried working the big man like he worked a fox then then unless he was very shallow he would pay the price sooner or later. ive had terriers smashed to bits by fox but nearly thirty years ago a fox dog played second fiddle to a badger dog.a dog had to work a badger but could fight a fox not the other way round.

Call me thick if you like or anything else but in all my years of digging Ive never seen a dog with an ounce of white on it ,dug to without a speck of dirt on it,even if its only a short one .?Makes one think the photo may not be what its meant to be .ONLY MY OPINION MIND.....OR do plummers have to by law ,have a full shampoo and manicure before being photo'd for a public forum .

I call it BULL-SHIIT, and tell you why.

Why should a dog been dirty after work, why do he need the "marks" you all so apreciate :hmm: before someone can say: "I have real workers"?

tell you something about "marks". Long ago on the French border, a guy claimed to have the real stuff, he was a foxterrier and german jagd breeder, and had a kennel with around 40 terriers.

My dad became interrested in his dogs, after he heard some story's on a (boar)hunt.

I make a long story short, when we reach his house there was nobody home. We heard something like a kennelfight in his garden, and when we took a look over the wall, 6 terriers where fighting.

As we saw nobody, we where talking to the neighbours of the man, who told us it happends sometimes twice a week, when he was not at home.

A week later we saw the guy at his home, and when we where walking the kennel path, he starts telling digging story's, showing us his dogs (oh yes, they had marks: "from yesterdays dig" :laugh: ). (also 3 cm long nails :whistle: )

My dad (who was not stupid) asked him the price of a nice djt pup. :icon_eek: think it is 18 years ago, and the guy asked 48500 belgian francs! Becouse it was a pup from his "top working stud" :clapper:

marks ? dont make me laugh.

Dirt, you mean mud? ever noticed that a fox make their den's high and dry? (well, in belgium they do :tongue2: )

today we worked a white dog, a brown and two black terriers, bloody rain and wind, flushed 1 fox, dig to another. No marks (except for the fox) and one shake when they come out, clean. very proud.

I pm'd Shamo and offerd to show him my mates old bitch work but he has declined the offer.I hope that you don't mind me posting this Shamo,I'm not putting it up to stir you up just to put the record straight in defence of the good Plummers that I have seen to ground.

Please tell the full truth though 'moorman1'. Why did I decline?

Please tell the full truth though 'moorman1'. Why did I decline?

Get them down Shamo and do an honest write up. :yes:

Shamo you tell me,the offer still stands,The Plummer is not mine it's a mates.You asked to see one work and my mate has offered but you declined saying that you have taken people out with Plummers from this thread but they just wanted a day out on your land.Who were they? :hmm:

I can see where you are going with this moorman1. Who it was is between them and me. Wonder all you like mate....if you read the original Post I said that if it was bad I wouldn't say and if it was good I would only say if the owners agreed. As I said in the Pm I sent you about your mates Dog" if he is happy with what he has then I am glad".

Also your Post isn't entirely correct AGAIN I said I had seen enough Plummers now thanks. I also did not say the offer still stands. Yes OK fair enough your mate offered to show me his 10.5 year old working, just a little too late for my convenience that's all. I also said some only used the invite, not challenge as you said to me, as a way of getting a Day out. One guy never even had a Plummer, but wanted to come out! If you are going to bring PM's onto the OPEN Forum then please don't tell half truths to fit around the way you want to explain.

I am no longer accepting offers on the invite I made. I have seen enough Plummer Earth Dogs to be able to make my decision. As far as I am concerned this Topic for me is closed and re-iterate what I have said numerous times...each to their own

Edited by Shamo