bearded collie crosses and beddie crosses

hiya

the dam of my pups is an irish coursing greyhound cross bedlington so would like to see other examples of this type also while i was reading a book i saw a very stunning picture of a bearded collie cross greyhound which you don't see many any more. :thumbdown:

it would be brilliant to see your photos of these types and please tell me about their working ability and tempermant of the dog too.

i look forward to seeing your replys

all the best lurcher lass xxx

hi lass

i had a beddy/greyhound x beardie/greyhound dog about 24" tall,blue beardy coloured until about 3 months ago he had to be put to sleep at the age of 16.

he was a good honest little grafter that could turn his paws to anything,he was far from being a world beater but definatly as good as the next dog,i cant speak for all dogs bred this way but if i had to pick a dog for general lamping,bushing ferreting i definatly wouldnt hesitate in this cross.

as for temperment he was sound,appart form the stubborn ignorant ways as a up and coming young dog.

i do have a couple of old pictures put cant put my hand on them,as soon as i find them il post them up for you

regards jay

Edited by ASME IX

I have a bearded colliexgrey, he's only 4 months so yet to find how well he'll do or look like! A lot of white coming in and a heavy coat i'm guessing at the moment. Has the traits of both crosses, very vocal when he has it about him, quick to learn, though generally quiet and gentle like a hound. Looking forward to this one.............

post-51503-066015300 1282063953_thumb.jpg

Hiya lurcher lass

Willow (our smooth bitch)and Rowan her son are a mix of whippetbeddygreyhound.

Both very fast and good workers only hampered by stupid owner! Willow is a bit more of an independant thinker tho?? Not too hot on retrieving to hand :doh:

post-33959-090490600 1282121929_thumb.jpg

post-33959-041809300 1282121956_thumb.jpg

post-33959-031045400 1282121985_thumb.jpg

Edited by goodgal

this is my two the red one has both beddy and bearded collie in the mix and now stands a smidge under 26in

and the black one has beddy in the mix and stands at 23in

they both have excel temps the black one is used manly for rabbits and is a good alround worker he will work with other lurchers terriers and ferrets day and night

the red one has not seen anything yet as he is only 8 month old but he is looking promising

the pup is 6 month old in this pic

post-46023-094314000 1282133660_thumb.jpg

Edited by turbotyke