SO HAPPY

Just been to check my ferrets in there out door run in the back garden and noticed one was missing complete panic searching the garden with no luck so went and got a day old chick and started looking over the neighbours fences when i seen her poke her head out of a hole. but by the time i climbed over she had gone, gutted. didnt see which way she went so had to guess and balance along another fence through thorns,stingers and prickels with just shorts on. still no luck just as i was turning back i thought i heard her sneeze so kept quite and waited then i heard some scratching but still couldnt see her then just caught her out of the corner of my eye going along another fence so jumped over two more six foot fence panels to get to where she was and she decided to run the other way and enjoy her freedom so i threw the day old chick just in front of her and luckly she stopped to have a sniff when i managed to grab her to her dislike and had a nip at my finger. after getting my breath back and thinking thank god i got her back i then realised i was stuck in some ones garden ferret in hand and thinking how do i get out and keep hold of the ferret. went up to the house a knocked on the window no one home so went to go out of there back gate, locked shit what do i do now. so went back to the fence and found two empty plant pots so i put her in one and put the other one on top then scaled the fences back through the thorns, stingers and prickels back over my fences and got her her ferret box then had to run the obsticle coarse two more times before she was safely back into her court. went and check to see how she got out and couldnt find any holes so the only thing she could of done was climb the face of the brick wall which is about four foot high which they have never done before and have been using all summer. anyway so happy i got her back and even had a little chuckle at myself. so if you think your run, hutch or court is safe check it and check it again because i really thought it was escape proof. thanks for reading.

you'll need to fit a stip of ply/board along the top of your brick wall, to stop it happening again, as once they have figured out a way out, they will do it again and again

i said that to my mrs that they will keep doing that now i think i will stop using it now i only really use it while cleaning them out there court is massive so its not like they will miss it to much. i had another look today to see if i could see any scratch marks going up the wall but nothing but its the only way out that i can see. wounder if anyone else have seen a ferret climb up the face of a brick wall. was thinking i might put her back out but stand out there and see if she does it again because i still cant beleive she got out and i want to see it for myself.

One of my jills has a litter at the moment and is like a bag of bones, she managed to squeeze out between a slightly bent 1" bar on one of my hutches must have only been about 1 1/4" inches. luckily for me she was just wondering on the patio and I got her no problem.