A friend of mine visited a girl a few weeks ago and noticed she was doing a painting of a tiger, and asked if she did any others. Only as a hobby said Wendy. Not trained but uses different mediums to draw with,- oils, acrilics, pencil, water etc. I asked Wendy to make a few flyers (posters) and put some of her stuff in our Countryside marquee at some of the shows.. Amazing talent.

Some from photos

The mobile number on her poster has a 6 missing off the end.

Image000-1.jpg

Image004.jpg

nosesflyer.jpg

Edited by Gin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The art world is crazy. Here is someone with real talent and yet other people get vast adulation and awards for things like a wrecked bed or a tent with the names of past lovers scrawled on it. There's another guy called Andrew Ellis, I think, who does unbelievable paintings on the theme of falconry. Brings the birds right out of the canvas at you. Yet the fame goes to the trendies.

Yes she will do. She seems lacking in confidence over her ability, but its real talent she has got. I took the photos with my mobile phone but they are actually much better than the photos i took.

Another of her works for our marquee

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Around £60 for the horse head, and the same for the dog. Well worth it.

Better tell her to get her prices up................my mum got a charcoal drawing of her dog back in '89 and it cost £90..........stunning work :thumbs:

The art world is crazy. Here is someone with real talent and yet other people get vast adulation and awards for things like a wrecked bed or a tent with the names of past lovers scrawled on it. There's another guy called Andrew Ellis, I think, who does unbelievable paintings on the theme of falconry. Brings the birds right out of the canvas at you. Yet the fame goes to the trendies.

I couldn't agree more. The likes of Tracey Emin and Damien Hirst are just a modern day version of the emperors new clothes.

Around £60 for the horse head, and the same for the dog. Well worth it.

Your not kidding its well worth i bet if you broke it down into the hours she had spent on them it wouldent work out much an hour for all that hard work and patience.atb dell