Ferret Kits Quarter Polecat

I see you came on here to sell!

What have you been feeding them on? Yu can't have been feeding biscuits....

To sell && Info as i wna start ferreting

and yeh buiscuits they all seem healthy n really enjoy the buiscuits

So you've been breeding, but don't know they can eat raw meat etc etc etc. Are you sure they are quarter wild polecat?

So you've been breeding, but don't know they can eat raw meat etc etc etc. Are you sure they are quarter wild polecat?

This is my first litter... lowri needed mating with otherwise they can get ill cant they.... i knew they could eat meat but didnt knw they needed it each n every day.... they are quarter polecat as dad is crossed with polecat

This is my first litter... lowri needed mating with otherwise they can get ill cant they.... i knew they could eat meat but didnt knw they needed it each n every day.... they are quarter polecat as dad is crossed with polecat

Yes, being left to season constantly is deleterious but having litters isn't the only answer. You can jill jab, spey, keep them with a vasectomised hob, or even [ as our vet showed me ] drop them out of season by simulating mating with a lubed thermometer. [ not that i was brave enough mind, too nervous of injuring her ]

Sorry, didnt mean to sound agro. With 7 ferrets you should look this stuff up. They do not NEED to be mated, but they can suffer from health problems if left in season indefinitely. There are two options apart from mating them and having kits. They can get a jab from the vets with devosteron (sp!) which will take them out of season or they can be put with a vasectomiesed hob, which is by far the best method. Its not that they 'can' eat meat, they can ONLY eat meat - they are an obligate carnivore which means they do not have a cecum, which is necessary to digest plant material. The kibble that you are feeding them is made up of meat and meat by products, although adequate if you are using a high quality kibble like James wellbeloved, real meat is obviously the best, especially whole carcasses as they contain complete nutritional goodness. However you should be careful feeding meat at this time of year due to the heat and flies.

What makes you think the hob is half wild polecat?

Did you see what i wrote on your other post about coming out ferreting for a day?

Sorry, didnt mean to sound agro. With 7 ferrets you should look this stuff up. They do not NEED to be mated, but they can suffer from health problems if left in season indefinitely. There are two options apart from mating them and having kits. They can get a jab from the vets with devosteron (sp!) which will take them out of season or they can be put with a vasectomiesed hob, which is by far the best method. Its not that they 'can' eat meat, they can ONLY eat meat - they are an obligate carnivore which means they do not have a cecum, which is necessary to digest plant material. The kibble that you are feeding them is made up of meat and meat by products, although adequate if you are using a high quality kibble like James wellbeloved, real meat is obviously the best, especially whole carcasses as they contain complete nutritional goodness. However you should be careful feeding meat at this time of year due to the heat and flies.

Did you see what i wrote on your other post about coming out ferreting for a day?

i knew bout the jil jab n vasectomised hob i just wanted 1 litter with lowri.... i need to get her the jiljab next time as she is a small ferret

i know their diet must be meat only my ferret food is t.p.p buscuits

i would love to come out ferrtin for a day... i can onli get to monmouth tho on a bus if u live naywer near monmmouth that is

so am i doing it all worng

my 5 other ferrets are only 12 - 15 weeks old so i can start them on meat young just need to get them to stop biting

thanku all - sorry im doing it wrong i do try my best

i knew bout the jil jab n vasectomised hob i just wanted 1 litter with lowri.... i need to get her the jiljab next time as she is a small ferret

i know their diet must be meat only my ferret food is t.p.p buscuits

i would love to come out ferrtin for a day... i can onli get to monmouth tho on a bus if u live naywer near monmmouth that is

so am i doing it all worng

my 5 other ferrets are only 12 - 15 weeks old so i can start them on meat young just need to get them to stop biting

thanku all - sorry im doing it wrong i do try my best

I'll PM you in a min.