Is their much point decoying crows and pigeons on cut hay ??

Hi lads I've seen both crows and pigeons but when I set decoys out they fly off and don't return ??

I'm getting frustrated and wondered was their any point but I'll keep at it and see.

Atb

sg

keep at it mate, we went out on tuesday nite and shot 40 crows in 2 hours on cut grass. it took them 45 mins to get goin but it was frantic after that. forgot to mention, they go mad for a stuffed fox. they are hard to come by but if you can get one you'll be sorted! we dont have alot of crops up our way so decoying on the grass is the only way. keep at it and let us know how you get on!!!!!!!!!

we do heaps of damage on the cut hay/silage every year up here! the crow seem to love it but not so many pigeons. we also seem to do pretty well just after the hay has been baled. another farmer asks us up when his silage has been wrapped (in the black plastic) he had a heap of bales pecked by crow the holes allowed in water and spoiled them so we go up and hive them the good news before he takes them in and stacks and nets them. good bags there to. thats about now up where we are!

get in the blind/hide as early as possible. wear camo and keep very well hidden with no movement till the last min!

god luck and regards P

Hi lads I've seen both crows and pigeons but when I set decoys out they fly off and don't return ??

Atb

sg

so they have seen you,

try getting there before them, set your deeks, and dont leave your hide for shot birds, I leave them where they lay, and they still come down to investigate

• 2 months later...

HI Guys, We has an excellent day using a rotary/magnet with an AIRPRO crow on one arm and a fox tail on the other, also had the foxpro going at the same time, the Carrians loved it!! has anyone else tried similar?

sounds crazy enough to work, Ill give it a try with a magpie deek and fox tail, as one permission has loads of maggies that just wont come near enough